X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updater times out.

Hi, guys,

I have a HomeTroller S2 with HS Pro 2.50.0.77. I have been trying to run updater recently, and it keeps timing out with this error:

Error accessing server: ERROR: The operation has timed out

The log shows:

2/1/2014 7:12:08 AM - Updater - Retrieving updates control file...

This happens whether running the Updater from the HomeTroller or from other browsers both on the local network and from outside locations. I have tried this on several occasions over the last couple of weeks with the same result. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Kevin

In a previous thread on this issue Rupp made the point that as more plug ins were pulled from the HS2 updater the situation would continue or get worse.
    I use only X10/CM15 and HStouch plug ins with HS2 but have been unable to connect to the updater since November 2013 despite many attempts. All return Error : Operation timed out, no matter what time of day I try.
    As my plug ins are the basic blocks of the system I would have thought connection to the Updater would been still at an acceptable level.
    With the problems with HS3 I am not in a position to switch over totally.
    So is there a problem with access to these plug ins or has support been removed in favour of HS3 so that there will be no further updates for these HS2plug ins.

Comment

I can still get into the updater at least, I've not tried to download anything though...

I've been consciously stockpiling bits and making regular backups of my stuff in case of this eventuality. It would be a disaster if the HS2 updater was turned off this quickly, I think the HS1 updater was going for a good while (December 2006 - was that around a year after HS2 was released?) and considering there has never been an official release date of HS3 I don't think there has been a release version available for six months yet so it would be a little early.

Comment

Palli: If you're getting this error since November, then it's not likely a problem with just my setup. Do you have a link to the prior thread? I could not find it by searching, so I posted a new thread.

MrHappy: You're still getting in, so the updater must still be active. Palli and I can't even get in without the time out error.

I would be quite annoyed if the updater was turned off. I'm not using HS3 yet, but did purchase a full license to HS3 Pro, so I currently have two full licenses and not an upgrade.

Kevin

Comment

The HS2 updater hasn't been turned off and it's still working. It's just slow. Give it another try as I just tried it here and it's working as expected. The reason it's slow is some of the plugin authors that host their own plugins are not keeping these plugins online and it's slowing down the entire process. The update control file shouldn't take more than a few seconds thirty at most.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the "update" Rupp (pun intended).

Is there a way to increase the timeout interval. I've been trying for weeks, on different computers, from different locations, and at various times. No success.

Thank you,
            Kevin

Comment

link to comments is
              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ht=HS2+updater

I have tried connecting on all three of my computers using IE Firefox and Chrome. Have had no connection for a long time.

Comment

I have finally resolved this issue.
                The problem with all my pcs and Homeseer concerns the use of Bitdefender Internet Security package.
                I have removed it from my HSPRO pc and can now access the Updater.
                As an aside I also had problems on my HS3 pc and raised a bugzilla which concerned out of memory issues. This was also cured by uninstalling Bitdefender.

Comment

How did this get changed to "Solved". I realize it's solved for Palli, but it's not solved for me, and I started the thread. Though I'm running Bitdefender in my home, it's not on the HSPro computer, since I have a HomeTroller S2 that doesn't have AV software.

I am still having the problem regardless of what computer I access the updater from, including the HomeTroller, and regardless what time of day I try. I also have a very connection: 33Mbps down and 8Mbps up.

I would appreciate more help with this other than keep trying.

Thank you,
                  Kevin

Comment

Working...
                  X