• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TED PLUG IN PLEASE

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...15#post1122115

Comment

Originally posted by PortlandGTS
      A few months back, I bought the HS3 update, and last night got around to installing it. I was flabbergasted to discover that a large number of plugins have been discontinued.

I've been a software professional for over 40 years, and in all that time, I have never seen a 3.0 release with significantly less functionality than the previous release. Given that plugins are essential to the functioning of Homeseer, how can you remove a large number of plugins, and then claim this is Homeseer 3.0? Truth in advertising requires this product to be called version 1.0 of something else. Equally disturbing is that fact that the upgrade guides and webinar don't provide a clue to the fact that upgrading to 3.0 might require massive hardware changes.

Particularly devastating for me is the loss of the Aprilaire thermostat plugin. I have a significant investment in Aprilaire thermostats (7), and have no intention of ripping them out and buying something else. So for me, HS3 is a waste of money.

My main question is how long will you be supporting the previous version, so I can plan my conversion to another control system?
      We changed the plug-in API in HS3 and that has required plug-ins to be rewritten. We are doing our best to port them over in order of popularity. Thus, this poll (and a previous one like it).

HS2 development ceased last year. However, the program should continue to run for as long as you want or need it.

Regarding your purchase of the HS3 upgrade, contact us Tuesday when the office is open. We'll refund your purchase and void that license.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Status Update
        1. HSPhone work is in progress. Looks promising.
        2. CM15a work is in progress for Windows version. Zee support is being investigated.
        3. ADI Ocelot is done and is now in the HS3 updater.
        4. Windows Media Player work is in progress
        5. iTunes work is in progress (same API as Windows Media Player)
        6. UPB not yet in progress. This will take a bit longer as the code was originally written by a 3rd party author

Comment

Thanks for the update Mark. Will the HS PCI modem be supported with HSPhone?

Thanks
          Al
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

How about IR for the Ocelot? THere is no IR transmit or detect on the plugin.
            Can't speak for anyone but me but that is an important part of my Home Theater. Oh, how about X10?

Originally posted by macromark View Post
            1. HSPhone work is in progress. Looks promising.
            2. CM15a work is in progress for Windows version. Zee support is being investigated.
            3. ADI Ocelot is done and is now in the HS3 updater.
            4. Windows Media Player work is in progress
            5. iTunes work is in progress (same API as Windows Media Player)
            6. UPB not yet in progress. This will take a bit longer as the code was originally written by a 3rd party author
            Last edited by donstephens; May 25, 2014, 07:26 AM.
            Don

Comment

The HomeSeer Phone built of HS3 is now available here:
              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=167751

Needs some testing but at least a beta is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete
                Just a quick glance and wondering if it will work with the original HSPhone PCI card sold for many years by Homeseer?

I still have one (in the original box with CD) and can test on an older computer.
                Rich commented on this in this post:
                http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...78&postcount=7

Comment

Rick gave an update on the Media Player plugin here:
                  http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=163068

Comment

CM15a Beta Released Today

CM15a beta is available in the updater now. v3.0.0.1

Give it a whirl!

Comment

aprilaire

Apriaire is critiacl to me thats still missing.

Comment

RCS Serial
                        HSPhone
                        HAI Omni

Comment

Centralite LiteJet plugin. I built my new home in 2007 using LiteJet because of the support in HS. It's a hardwired system so I don't have the choice to change.

Kevin L

Comment

Is there an update on the ETA for the UPB plugin?

Comment

Originally posted by joewilly1 View Post
                              Is there an update on the ETA for the UPB plugin?
                              Or any of them?
                              Originally posted by rprade
                              There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

Comment

I almost forgot about the SmartHome PowerLinc USB which was supported by HST in HS2, is there any way that this plugin will be ported by HST?
                                -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
                                X