Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little help needed please :-)

Hi Folks

Totally new to modbus but I've got a requirement to interface a device to my Synology NAS Surveilance Station APP.

The SYnology NAS has modbus connectivity (I/O devices) that can trigger devices like the Advantech 6050 I/O device. I've had a read of the doco and the ASCII support seems fairly straight forward.

I've found a python emulator for the ADAM6050 Modbus device that is setup to "rudimentally" talk to the synology.

Here is the code https://gist.github.com/hdo/792eebcb...5069e325a0e520

Its written in python but you get an idea of the ascii format and the response you need to send back to the SYnology.

Could I use this ModBUS plugin to receive ASCII commands from the Synology, parse the data out to create actions and send responses (CR/LF I think) . This would allow me to create events in H/S if I get camera motion detects etc...exactly what I want :-)

Hope this makes sense....New to ModBUS but it looks very interesting

Pete
    HS 2.2.0.11

Hi Pete. Much as I'd like to punt my own plugin and see this work, i think the Synology surveillance plugin might get you quicker and simpler results. Have you given it a try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
      Hi Pete. Much as I'd like to punt my own plugin and see this work, i think the Synology surveillance plugin might get you quicker and simpler results. Have you given it a try?

HI Gav...NO i havent. I saw there was one but wasnt sure he had "modbus" type support in it....

When I get back from this work trip I'm going to have a go getting the RaspberryPI to interface with Surveillance Station. Oh and I had to buy another licence....buggers :-)
      HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Ah, the other plugin doesn't do the modbus stuff. Let me have a look at the python code and see what we can do.

Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Comment

Awesome Gav..ive got to do some debugging when i get home to see the ascii output of the synology...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
          HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Working...
          X