Dimmer default levels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jryan15 View Post
    Slightly off topic question in regard to the switch scene for top button held on...

How does the HS100 switch determine the difference between someone trying to increase the bulb output (dimming) and someone doing a press and hold?
    They are one and the same. Just like you can set and event for a single press of the top or bottom paddle when you turn a switch on or off.

You can think of press and hold as setting an event when you are dimming up or down.
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Originally posted by jryan15 View Post
      Slightly off topic question in regard to the switch scene for top button held on...

How does the HS100 switch determine the difference between someone trying to increase the bulb output (dimming) and someone doing a press and hold?
      If you press and hold there is a second or two before dimming change. It is possible to get a press and hold without changing the level. It is not possible to change the level without triggering a press and hold. It is all a matter of timing.

This is a problem in my events as it will disable motion control with a manual change in level. This is corrected by the event enabling motion control when the light changes and becomes off. That is why I added the double tap top to set the light at full and a double tap bottom to return to default. I don't find myself needing to manually adjust brightness beyond occasionally needing it really bright. With the HS-WS100+ switch it is not a factor.
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Gotcha, thanks. I think that press and hold might get screwy in my house, but still early to tell. I think for now I'm going to try and use a scene 1 double tap to set the mode that disables motion control. I'll stay with Randy's method of light off to reset the dimmer and motion enable's.

Comment

Thanks again for the awesome write ups!

Thought I'd post in on a couple minor tweaks that I'm using. A singe up tap does either of two things. If the lights are dim, they go to max. If the lights are at max, they revert to the dimmer defaults.

Also for a double tap up, I disable the "off by motion" event. Don't really have a closing event after this. They'll stay on until manually shutoff or until a manual group event like "bedtime routine" or "turn off all the upstairs lights".

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
            OK, several have asked for this. It will be long and thorough.

I decided to create a new event group for each light to make it easier to manage associated events and controls. There are a lot of events, but there are some unique features to this room. I will cover each of them.
            Lots of good information, gives me a lot of ideas to use.

Wanted to make sure I understand something. If you have multiple lights in a single room do you still, or would you, use a new event group for each light in that room? That would really up the number of event groups.

For me my Kitchen, Dining Room and several others have at least 5 lighting controls. Many others have at least 3. In all cases each room does have a primary light with the other being auxiliary lighting. Currently I only have 15 WD-100+ switches, the rest are Evolve LRM-AS-W pieces of junk and will be replaced over time, and they are all in primary light positions.

So although I like the idea, and I currently do have every room in its own event group, I'm on the fence about splitting up rooms. Boy do I wish you could have event groups within an event group because that would make the decision so much easier.
            Last edited by Timon; March 6, 2018, 07:17 AM.
            HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
            Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
            Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
            3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
            4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
            3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
            SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

... use three virtual devices for holidays, one for the actual holiday, a second one for work holidays (including compensation for observed date), and a third for a work holiday tomorrow. The work holiday devices are used for scheduling. The virtual device for "holiday tomorrow" is set the day before so we can adjust the "house to sleep", heating and hot water schedules.
              I need to integrate holidays into my events. I see my outside front lights and outlets, during holidays I enable/disable or change times for some events. I need to look into this!. example is right now I have a light at front porch and between garage doors... they come on every day at sunset and off at sunrise but during holidays, they need to be off until 11pm to not drown out say Halloween or xmas lights. Or alternatively put 2 zwave/wifi rgb bulbs in.. hah...
              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Randy,

Do you call DS Bathroom Level event each time the light is triggered on, or do you have it conditioned upon not already being in the currently scheduled default mode to reduce processing load? If the latter, would you mind explaining how you've done it?

Thanks.
                Wade

First was a group of events that are based upon schedules and 2 virtual devices. The schedules are basically Day, Twilight and Night. The two virtual devices are Low Light and House asleep. The Low Light virtual device is controlled by a light sensor under the eaves outside on the west side of the house. Its purpose is to provide additional lighting and motion controlled lighting at times when it is so overcast as to provide little ambient light to enter through the windows. The House asleep virtual device is set to asleep when we manually put the house to sleep with MiniMotes in the bedroom. The house wakes up in the mornings by itself, based upon holidays, weekdays, work schedule, etc. There are the events to accommodate the various combinations.

Day

[ATTACH]62199[/ATTACH]

Day Low Light

[ATTACH]62200[/ATTACH]

Twilight

[ATTACH]62201[/ATTACH]

Night - awake

[ATTACH]62202[/ATTACH]

Night - asleep

[ATTACH]62203[/ATTACH]

A single event can be called to set the light levels. This event calls the six level setting events, each of which evaluate schedules and virtual devices.

[ATTACH]62204[/ATTACH]

Next I will dissect one of the level setting events explaining the function. All of them are similar.
                -Wade

Comment

Working...
                X