No announcement yet.

Dark Radar Images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have went through all of the parameters available for the maps.
    I don't see how I can fix this since the URL returns a normal image at times and a dark image other times. I tried adding darkimage to the url but it ignores it.

There is a thread on the API developers forum that others are having issues with the animated image. I will watch the thread to see if there is any fix in sight.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
      I have went through all of the parameters available for the maps.
      I don't see how I can fix this since the URL returns a normal image at times and a dark image other times. I tried adding darkimage to the url but it ignores it.

There is a thread on the API developers forum that others are having issues with the animated image. I will watch the thread to see if there is any fix in sight.
      So others outside of your WeatherXML are experiencing this, too?

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
        <Snip>
        I don't see how I can fix this since the URL returns a normal image at times and a dark image other times.
        <Snip>
        I'm seeing the same random dark/light issue on 2 separate browsers and all manner of URLs, while in WU. It appears WU is monkeying around with the UI and most of it seems to be trial and error.

I feel that any attempt to "fix" this would be a huge exercise in futility, until WU gets their house in order.
        HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
        Home Assistant 2024.3
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
        Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
        Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
        WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
        AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Yeah, it sounds like Jeff is off the hook.

Hopefully WU gets their act in order, but it's somewhat frustrating. Unfortunately, when the map is in "dark" mode, there is no precipitation shown, so the map is 100% useless.

Comment

I found a thread on WU forums that announced that as of Dec 15th they will no longer have Webcam feeds available in the API.
            The reason given is they no longer have the resources to maintain it.
            No other changes to the API.

I was afraid that when weather.com bought WU several years ago that they would start phasing things out.

weatherXML doesn't do anything with the webcams so nothing affected at this time.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone
            My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
            Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

For a pretty long stretch over the holidays, I noticed normal radar images, and then this AM, I got the dark ones back. Anyone else notice similar behavior?

Comment

Originally posted by phuz View Post
                For a pretty long stretch over the holidays, I noticed normal radar images, and then this AM, I got the dark ones back. Anyone else notice similar behavior?
                Yep, the intermittent dark radar images are back for me as well.

Comment

Originally posted by automateme View Post
                  Yep, the intermittent dark radar images are back for me as well.
                  Bummer. Also just realized that despite my schedules running to update the weather content, my radar image is about 4 hours old. The schedule says it ran, but even the file timestamp is 4 hours old.

Comment

Working...
                  X