Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RFXSensor Questions/help

Hi Bert

I didn't know where else to post this. I have 3 of the RFXSensor 1-Wire RF Sensor units. 1 is only temp the other 2 I bought with the humidity sensor. I also bought 2 of the watertight temp sensors. I have tried several times to get these devices installed in my system W800's/ACRF. I have read the docs. I can get the temp sensor to work. I can not seem to get the humidity sensors to work but my biggest issue is I follow the directions to add a second temp sensor (remove battery, press reset, install battery). The sensor adds but the second sensor takes the address of the first and then they don't seem to update.

Any Ideas?

Thanks
    Jack
    Over The Hill
    What Hill?
    Where?
    When?
    I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

I have the same configuration w/out the humidity and they work. I soldered the string together first. Then used the rfxreceiver exe to detect the code of each device. How? hairdryer on each device to get it to temp change quickly.

enter new device code in acrf2 and eureka it works.
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
    BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
    DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

I have tried the rfreceiver program, but have way to much RF running around my house. With 55 DS10a's and 21 motion sensors.

Which brings an interesting question. Does anyone make a 433mhz DS10a? I have about 20 more locations I would like to put them
      Over The Hill
      What Hill?
      Where?
      When?
      I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

I think the answer is no except for the international version of the DS10a, but I think they are pricy.

Comment

Jack,

The only possibility is to use RFreceiver.
          Start RFreceiver in Variable Length Mode and press the reset button (behind the hole next to the red LED). The RFXSensor will transmit a reset sequence and all sensors are displayed. Disconnect the COM port (2nd button) and you can analyze the data received from the RFXSensor.

Bert

Comment

Working...
          X