Wireless Door Bell Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Door Bell Button

I surprized that with all the RF people on this forum that nobody has made a receiver that will work with wireless door bell buttons,, without using a ds10a ... In lue of that has anybody seen or know of a device that will take a wireless door bell button and trigger a hardwired door bell ?? I found a device that takes wired buttons to wireless door bells but not the reverse ,, which is what I am looking for..

TIA

The RFXCOM 433.92MHz receiver receives several wireless doorbell button types of these (European) brands:
    - www.homeeasy.eu
    - www.klikaanklikuit.nl
    - www.nexa.se
    - www.chacon.be

Comment

I mounted an Homeeasy HE305 inside my doorbell unit and use RFXCom to see that... works a dream and keeps the original doorbell installation looking 100% original.

David
      ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
        I surprized that with all the RF people on this forum that nobody has made a receiver that will work with wireless door bell buttons,, without using a ds10a ... In lue of that has anybody seen or know of a device that will take a wireless door bell button and trigger a hardwired door bell ?? I found a device that takes wired buttons to wireless door bells but not the reverse ,, which is what I am looking for..

TIA
        You could probably take this project and modify it with a relay of some type to trigger your hard-wired doorbell:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=142822

So, the end result would be - press wireless doorbell button, have the receiver close a relay that is wired in with your wired doorbell solution. The trick would be closing the relay long enough to trigger the wired doorbell.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
          The RFXCOM 433.92MHz receiver receives several wireless doorbell button types of these (European) brands:
          - www.homeeasy.eu
          - www.klikaanklikuit.nl
          - www.nexa.se
          - www.chacon.be
          Do you know if the klikaanklikuit ACDB-6500A will work with the 433.92 receiver ???

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
            You could probably take this project and modify it with a relay of some type to trigger your hard-wired doorbell:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=142822

So, the end result would be - press wireless doorbell button, have the receiver close a relay that is wired in with your wired doorbell solution. The trick would be closing the relay long enough to trigger the wired doorbell.
            Thought about purcashing the button I like and buying there cheaper costing door bell to mod..

Comment

Hi b_weijenberg:
              Is it possable that some of the american wireless door bell buttons can be recieved by the 433.92 rfxcom ?? I beleive that were most of them transmit anyway...

Comment

The klikaanklikuit ACDB-6500A will work with the 433.92 receiver. This button is using the AC protocols and each button has a unique code.

The same 433.92MHz RFXCOM receiver will also receive Oregon Scientific sensors and more.
                If you like to order the receiver ask RFXCOM sales if they are willing to deliver also this button.

Comment

Does anyone know how to set this up with RFXCOM? I just got an ACDB-6500 today and got RFXCOM to recognize it, but the device it creates only switches its status to "On" the first time the doorbell is pressed. Then it stays "On" forever and ever (or maybe until the cows come home). it doesn't "see" the doorbell is off again and there's no way (short of scripting probably) that'll let me switch the status back to "Off".

Furthermore, since it already has the "On" status, it doesn't update the "Time of Last Change" field either. And for me, that is the key bit of information. I can live with the device status being "On" constantly, but I need the time to reflect the most recent doorbell ring.

Is this normal behaviour? Or am I missing something?

Comment

Indeed, the pushbutton only transmits an ON command.

To solve your problem:
                    create an Event on the pushbutton device ON and set the device back to Off after a few seconds.

Comment

The klikaanklikuit ACDB-6500A will work with the 433.92 receiver. This button is using the AC protocols and each button has a unique code.

The same 433.92MHz RFXCOM receiver will also receive Oregon Scientific sensors and more.
                      If you like to order the receiver ask RFXCOM sales if they are willing to deliver also this button.

@B_weijenberg...
                      is this still the only model to use in the US? my wired doorbell unit in the house is very small and the waf approval of a ds10a outside of that isnt going to be successful due to the location of the unit...in plain view of the front door/hallway...
                      HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

I don't know if there is a button like this is available in the US
                        http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/product_detail.asp?id=79

If you would like to buy one contact me by email and I guess I can help you.

Comment

what is it exactly and what does it do?

Comment

It is a wireless doorbell pushbutton that is received by the 433.92MHz RFXCOM receiver (same receiver receives also Oregon sensors)

Comment

http://www.klikaanklikuit.nl/shop/pr...-acdb-6500a-1/

Hi bert

Will my rfxrecivers recieve a push from the wireless doorbell above?
                              Can i have multiple and will they be indentified uniquely in homeseer?

It is a wireless doorbell pushbutton that is received by the 433.92MHz RFXCOM receiver (same receiver receives also Oregon sensors)
                              Best,
                              Jakob Sand, I automate everything!

Comment

Working...
                              X