Slow RF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow RF

I am using a W800USB w/Home Seer and the ACRF2 Plug-In. Everything was working fine and then all of a sudden, all RF commands became very delayed. Around a 2-4 second delay. Motion sensor delayed. Remote commands delayed. Turning devices on or off from the Home Seer Devices page is also delayed. All powerline signalling is working perfectly. New batteries in remotes and motion sensors. Unplugged the W800USB counted to 10 and plugged it back in a restarted Home Seer. Still have the delay with anything RF.
    Has anyone ran across this issue before? Anyone have any suggestions or a direction I might proceed? I will add that I am using the Radio Shack antenna that was recommended on this forum and I am also using a Channel Master Signal Amplifier that was recommended here. There has been nothing new plugged in here and there are no new cordless or RF devices. Again, the powerline signalling is working perfectly. I am using Jeff Volp's XTBR-II and the system was working flawlessly for quite some time until this popped up.
    Any guidance here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I have not seen this problem.

It will help to know where the delay is occurring.

Turn on debug logging in the ACRF plug-in.
    While viewing the log in the HS GUI on your HS machine, try issuing a command from a remote or activate a PIR or DS10.
    Do you see an immediate log entry?
    How long does it take for an event to trigger after the signal appears in the log?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Hmm, I wonder?

Are you triggering X10 Devices?

I thought I had slow RF untill I got a z wave motion sensor and device module. All the devices would update in HS but the X10 devices were slow to react.

I have discovered it is the X10 network that is slow.
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Sorry if I was unclear. I am running X10 devices. I do have a Z-troller and one z-wave outlet but everything else is x10.
        Uncle Michael, when I turn on my safe light with the remote watching the Home Seer log screen, it registers immediately in Home Seer but there is a 4 second delay before the light turns on and off.
        I will get into the ACRF-2 plug-in and turn on the debugging. Can you explain that a little to me? What am I looking for? What will the debugging mode tell me?

Comment

Update - I did turn on debugging in the ACRF-2 plug- in and tried to use the remote. It registered immediately in Home Seer but there was a 3 second delay in the light turning on or off. An error report WAS generated and I got a message in the Home Seer log telling me to contact tech support and send a copy of the error report to them. So I did that. We will see what kind of response I get and I will be sure to let you guys know what happens. Thanks...

Comment

Here I am mostly using the ACRF-2 and X-10 palm pads (and other remotes) for instant TTS status of whatever. It is quick.

This past sprinkler season though I went to testing the W800==>ACRF2==>Rain8Net's via Homeseer and it was slow and response times were piss poor.

I then tested a direct W800===> xaP-w800 (on the homeseer server) ===> Rain8nets (linux box) remote and it was literally instant reponses; such that the bottleneck was Homeseer.

That though was me and my setup and not related to CM11/Insteon/HAI OPII connected x10 devices.

I am guessing though if I tested similarly using an OPII defined variable controlling it with a W800 ACRF2 command it might be faster. But the HAI OPII plugin to Homeseer is really almost worthless these days and it would be better if HS removed it from their list of supported devices.
            Last edited by Pete; April 6, 2013, 09:07 AM.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Bauerlein99 View Post
              . . .when I turn on my safe light with the remote watching the Home Seer log screen, it registers immediately in Home Seer but there is a 4 second delay before the light turns on and off.

Update - I did turn on debugging in the ACRF-2 plug- in and tried to use the remote. It registered immediately in Home Seer but there was a 3 second delay in the light turning on or off.
              I have seen delays like this - or longer. Sometimes much longer.

In my case it was an interaction with another plug-in. HS behaved as though a communication step would hang and needed to timeout. It took me a couple of years of trial and error (yes, years!) to figure out where the delay was coming from because the offending conflict was completely unrelated to the functions being delayed. Given the similarity you and others are seeing, I suspect it is a fault in the way HS handles X10, which makes it uniquely susceptible to this problem. I guess we can hope it gets resolved in HS3.

In my case it appeared to be related to the ability of a plug-in to acknowledge outbound communication from HS. X10 commands, especially those originated from the ACRF2 plug-in, would experience unpredictable delays. When I reduced, and eventually eliminated the interaction with the plug-in, performance of X10 improved.

In my case it was the JDS Stargate plug-in, though the problem seems to show up in systems that do not use that plug-in. What plug-ins are you using, and have you added or made any changes recently?
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I will check what plug-ins I am using. I know I installed many that I do not even use. Like an alarm plug-in that I might use in the future. I will go through them and see if I can delete the ones I do not use. I will let you know....

Comment

Not sure how you define "using" a plug-in, but if the plug-in is not enabled, it may not matter, so it would be helpful to list disabled plug-ins separately from those that are enabled. And, if you aren't using a plug-in that is enabled, I'd recommend that you disable it.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                    Not sure how you define "using" a plug-in, but if the plug-in is not enabled, it may not matter, so it would be helpful to list disabled plug-ins separately from those that are enabled. And, if you aren't using a plug-in that is enabled, I'd recommend that you disable it.
                    I would go one step further.

If you are not using a plugin and cannot see yourself using it in the near future remove it so HS does not even get a sniff of it, after all it's simple to re-install it should you change your mind.
                    sigpic
                    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                      I would go one step further.

If you are not using a plugin and cannot see yourself using it in the near future remove it so HS does not even get a sniff of it, after all it's simple to re-install it should you change your mind.
                      I did disable all but BL Backup, ACRF-@ Processor and Windows Media Player. I guess my next step is to actually remove the plug-ins. Not sure of the process on that. More to learn. I sent a error log to Jon Ort and he replied once with a few questions but no suggestions. I am a little disappointed in the lack of support. Not sure what the answer is for this problem...but there is always an answer.

Comment

I am curious....I am running version .60 of HSPRO and I see there is a version .80 out. Should I try to upgrade to that and see if it helps any of my slow RF problems?? I know I may be reaching but......

Comment

As I mentioned earlier, it does not appear that the delay is in the RF. You noted that the log promptly shows the RF signal being received. The problem is occurring after that. My experience is that a useful answer requires the right question. The problem is in identifying what that question is. In my case I found it was an interaction with another, apparently unrelated, plug-in.

Comment

Slow RF

Originally posted by Bauerlein99 View Post
                            I did disable all but BL Backup, ACRF-@ Processor and Windows Media Player. I guess my next step is to actually remove the plug-ins. Not sure of the process on that. More to learn. I sent a error log to Jon Ort and he replied once with a few questions but no suggestions. I am a little disappointed in the lack of support. Not sure what the answer is for this problem...but there is always an answer.
                            Instruction on removing a plugin arr in the "how to" forum.

Since I removed all non used plugins HS has become a lot more responsive and stable (touch wood)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gogs View Post
                              Instruction on removing a plugin arr in the "how to" forum.
                              Gordon,
                              Have you compared the performance effects of 'complete' plug-in removal vs. simply renaming or deleting the plug-in dll?

Comment

Working...
                              X