Speaker client whaaaat - Working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker client whaaaat - Working!

Ok, I am using the Hometroller Zee s2 with a combination of X-10 and Zwave devices - works very nicely. Very happy.
    But I'm stumped on this speaker client stuff.
    What I want to do (if I can) is have Zee events speak some text via the connected computer (I.e. my laptop).
    But I don't understand this concept of speaker clients or how to add them or configure them etc. - not for lack of reading or googling.
    When I ran the old HS 1.6 on a PC, I had it speaking every which way from Sunday. Is that not possible from the Zee?
    Do I need some special client software on my Win10 laptop?
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions or directions
    -Otto

Sure you can install HS3 on your W10 PC and only launch the speaker client. Fill in the config and it should show up as an available speaker client on your Zee for events.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks but it's asking me for another license ID and password.
      Does this solution require me to purchase the desktop license too? Just for that purpose?

Comment

Originally posted by Otto-mation View Post
        Thanks but it's asking me for another license ID and password.
        Does this solution require me to purchase the desktop license too? Just for that purpose?
        Are you running the speaker.exe only or are you running HS3? Look for C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Speaker.exe and create a short cut to run only this.
        Last edited by Rupp; November 11, 2015, 07:55 PM.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Rupp. thanks for your detailed response - that did the trick.
          I found it, pointed it to my Zee, tested some scripts in Zee and it works PERFECTLY!
          I'm super happy - much thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X