echo can't find devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

echo can't find devices

I enabled the homeseer skill ,but Alexia says she can't find anything in my file. I used the thread on this site and I changed one of my devices to First Floor/Living Room/Fan. I ask echo to "tell homeseer to turn on fan in living Room but it does not work. I have the Home Troller S6. Any help would be appriecated . I put in a ticket but I have not had real good luck with the Help Desk.

I just enabled the NEW Homeseer Skill on my new Echo (Feb 12 2016). Updated to the 3.0.0.239 release and linked HS3 to the Echo. The connection works great. However, some devices are recognized and some are not. When it does not work, the Amazon Alexa history shows the correct command. It also shows "This request was sent to HomeSeer Home Automation Skill". But the Echo says "That device was not found".

To further test the command, I turned to the HS3 microphone and gave Homeseer the same voice command. It worked. So I know that the device is recognized and responds. All these device have voice command enabled.

When the command from Echo works, the log shows the command. Example:
    Speak (json: ) :turn on the second floor hallway lights
    When the command from Echo does not work, the log shows nothing after Speak (json: )

Is there any way to see more debug information?
    Last edited by Joe_Leggiero; February 12, 2016, 09:03 PM. Reason: remove emoicons

Comment

Actually, there is.

If you say 'Alexa, tell HomeSeer to turn on debugging', you should get the response 'Debugging has been turned on.'

This will send a copy of the querystring being sent to the tunnel back to the echo app.

The querystring shows the phrase being sent to your HS3 system from the Echo.

You should see them in the cards area.
      Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

echo

I also upgraded yesterday to 3.0.0.239, because echo said I had to for her to work. Now alls I get is "That device is not found. My voice commands are checked I have rebooted everything. I am lost!!

Comment

Once you have a querystring after turning on debugging, you can copy that into a browser.

You can also use it directly against your HS3 system to test devices.

change the 'connected2.homeseer.com' to your systems ip.

You dont need the token for this so take it off.

You should be left with (your IP)/JSON?request=voicecommand&phrase=turn the light off

The response will show in the browser window.
          Wade

Comment

What do you mean in the cards area? Also I got her to turn off my lights but then I get device not found the next time.

Comment

The home area of the alexa app is where messages are posted.

The messages are known as cards in Amazon.
              Wade

Comment

Thanks for the debug advice. I did some testing and found that Alexa is working fine. The JSON commands are coming through as expected. I typed the command directly into a Browser to HS3 as follows:

http://<myInternalIP>/JSON?request=voicecommand&phrase=turn Garage Lights off
                { "Response":"That device was not found." }

http://<myInternalIP>/JSON?request=voicecommand&phrase=turn Kitchen Lights off
                { "Response":"I have turned Kitchen Lights off" }

Notes:
                1) These devices are the same. There is only one device that matches the label "Garage Lights". I attached a screen shot of the Garage Lights and the Kitchen Lights configuration.

2) The same voice command to the HS3 microphone works:
                "Homeseer... Turn Garage Lights Off"

3) Speaker Client 3.0.0.7; HS3 3.0.0.239; Window XP Pro SP3

4) Since the upgrade to .239, HS3 microphone voice command to the same device is now asking for confirmation, even though that option is not checked in Device Config or in the Setup-Voice tab.

Please let me know if I can try other actions.
                Attached Files

Comment

Did you try 'turn the Garage Lights off' ?

Since Kitchen Lights works, I'd say you have an extra spacing in the name 'Garage', but I'll have to test that to be sure.

Try adding in the name 'garage' (lower case) to your room list and see if having the lights linked to that work better.

Also, because of the way we now look for devices, it's fine to have your device named 'Garage Lights' if you prefer.
                  Wade

Comment

Sgt Shultz,

Here are some more things I tried on the Garage Lights (that were not found with JSON interface). Interesting finding:

1) I tried combinations of caps and no caps for the device name. Also created new room lower case "garage". Device not found.
                    2) I created a new device with same X10 address. Called the device Lamp in the room Garage. Device not found.
                    3) I changed the room to Kitchen. Device not found.
                    4) I renamed the device "ZZZ". It worked!
                    5) I changed the room back to Garage. It worked!
                    6) I renamed the device "Zoom". It worked!
                    7) On and Off commands work.
                    8) I renamed the device Lamp. Device not found.
                    9) Other devices in Kitchen work: "Kitchen Recess Lights", "Kitchen Under Cabinet Lights"

Given the Garage findings, I cannot explain why "Kitchen Lights" still works. But "Kitchen Light" (no S) gives Device Not Found. Remember that Garage Lights (with S) was not found.

Also, similar behavior with my ZWave devices. It seems to be name related, not device type.

I hope this helps.

Comment

I am having the same issue

My kitchen devices work, but not my living room

http://67.217.100.102/showpost.php?p...&postcount=176

Originally posted by Joe_Leggiero View Post
                      Thanks for the debug advice. I did some testing and found that Alexa is working fine. The JSON commands are coming through as expected. I typed the command directly into a Browser to HS3 as follows:

http://<myInternalIP>/JSON?request=voicecommand&phrase=turn Garage Lights off
                      { "Response":"That device was not found." }

http://<myInternalIP>/JSON?request=voicecommand&phrase=turn Kitchen Lights off
                      { "Response":"I have turned Kitchen Lights off" }

Notes:
                      1) These devices are the same. There is only one device that matches the label "Garage Lights". I attached a screen shot of the Garage Lights and the Kitchen Lights configuration.

2) The same voice command to the HS3 microphone works:
                      "Homeseer... Turn Garage Lights Off"

3) Speaker Client 3.0.0.7; HS3 3.0.0.239; Window XP Pro SP3

4) Since the upgrade to .239, HS3 microphone voice command to the same device is now asking for confirmation, even though that option is not checked in Device Config or in the Setup-Voice tab.

Please let me know if I can try other actions.

Comment

We have a new HS3 beta out that should address most of your issues.
                        Wade

Comment

Thank guys! It looks like the update to HS3 3.0.0.241 corrected the voice recognition problem. It works great.

Comment

I updated to version HS3 3.0.0.241.

I run this command in my iE browser and I getting this error.
                            http://ip address/JSON?request=voicecommand&phrase=turn on debugging

<< bad request >>

How do I fix this problem.

Thank you

Greg Mack

Comment

Originally posted by BIGMACK48 View Post
                              I updated to version HS3 3.0.0.241.

I run this command in my iE browser and I getting this error.
                              http://ip address/JSON?request=voicecommand&phrase=turn on debugging

<< bad request >>

How do I fix this problem.

Thank you

Greg Mack
                              The debugging routine is handled through myHS, not HS3.
                              Wade

Comment

Working...
                              X