Dimming Event for Virtual 3 way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimming Event for Virtual 3 way

I have two HS Dimmers on 2 different circuits and currently have events for both to "If up paddle is pressed once on switch A, then turn on switch B" this basically gives me a 3 way switch for on and off.

My question is, what is the simplest way to dim them together? I guess I could create and event where if switch a is dimmed to 90% then dim switch B to 90% however this would take a total of 20 events to do both switches this way. Is there a simply way to set this?

The EasyTrigger plugin would be the easiest way. Alternately it can be done with a pretty simple script and a couple of events. If you want to go the script way, I can post an example.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I think the new Linked Device feature would help here. Latest .307 beta release.

Comment

I tested Link Device tonight, appears to do exactly what you want, no Events required. Dim levels follow on the linked device. To be able to press either switch and have the other follow it, you need to link each one to the other. Easy peezy.

Comment

Awesome I will check it out, thank you for the response

Comment

Warning, I just realized I could not Un-Link the devices. I reported it on the beta discussion thread. It is after all beta software.

Comment

Originally posted by jhearty View Post
              Warning, I just realized I could not Un-Link the devices. I reported it on the beta discussion thread. It is after all beta software.
              It is fixed in 3.0.0.310. There is a workaround for unlinking on 3.0.0.307. Create a temporary virtual device, the type or name is unimportant. Change the link you wish to remove to point to the virtual device, save the primary device then delete the virtual device and the link will be cleared.

The dropdown for devices to link to is still unsorted in 3.0.0.310, so it is difficult to find devices if you have a lot.
              HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

I loaded .311 and UnLinking works fine now.

Comment

As I am still very new to Homeseer it may be best if I wait for the full release to attempt to implement this into my system.

Comment

Would anyone be willing to update me on this? Has the full release been issued? How stable is the beta?

Comment

Originally posted by Salvin49 View Post
                      Would anyone be willing to update me on this? Has the full release been issued? How stable is the beta?
                      3.0.0.312 is now the production release. No problems here. The only thing yet to be addressed is sorting of the devices in the link drop down. They are currently unsorted which makes it a little tedious when you have a number of devices. I have so many as to make it difficult to find the target for linking.
                      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Working...
                      X