X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Consistently Fails

Each time I attempt to update any plugins, I wind up with this error:

Nov-19 5:33:13 AM Updater Error saving the downloaded file: error
    Nov-19 5:33:13 AM Updater Error downloading package :An exception occurred during a WebClient request.

I'm running on a HomeTroller S6 Pro on .383. It has probably been happening for a week or so now

From the Hometroller S6 Pro ping www.google.com and see if that works.

Does an ipconfig /all show your router and DNS information?
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
      From the Hometroller S6 Pro ping www.google.com and see if that works.

Does an ipconfig /all show your router and DNS information?
      ping worked
      Code:
      C:\Users\homeseer>ping google.com

Pinging google.com [172.217.6.238] with 32 bytes of data:
      Reply from 172.217.6.238: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=53
      Reply from 172.217.6.238: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=53
      Reply from 172.217.6.238: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=53
      Reply from 172.217.6.238: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=53

Ping statistics for 172.217.6.238:
          Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
      Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
          Minimum = 23ms, Maximum = 24ms, Average = 23ms
           8: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=53       Reply from 172.217.6.238: bytes=32 time=23ms TTL=53       Reply 
      ipconfig gave my router, I do have a pi-hole running and I bypassed that for dns and still have these errors.

Comment

Updating here on two boxes takes a while.

Try pinging all of the Homeseer DNS sites.

Shut off pi-hole for a bit and try again or bypass it for your Homeseer server.

Here my Homeseer servers utilize static IP addresses.

PFSense here runs DNS Resolver, Snort, Squid, PFBlocker...
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Any chance that the disk is full? The S6 drive is pretty small.

Comment

The disk has 10GBs left, am able to ping homeseer.com, removed pi-hole from the equation and still getting errors. Also in the beta updater, none of my Installed plugins version numbers are listed; they are all blank

Comment

Try rebooting your firewall. There have been DNS changes with Homeseer.

also in command line mode do this: ipconfig /flushdns

Also in the beta updater, none of my Installed plugins version numbers are listed; they are all blank

That has been reported by some users testing in this thread...

Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta builds 3.0.0.369->3.0.0.383
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Try opening the updater control file from a browser:

https://updatercontrol.homeseer.com/...s3/updater.txt

Comment

Firewall rebooted along with the flushdns, was able to update 2 plugins -- thanks! No luck on the updater showing currently installed versions.

I can see the updater control file from my browser, is there anything I should do with that file?

Comment

After running an update, if you stop & start HS3, does the updater status change? I noticed on the current version (.368) sometimes after an update the status didn't update until I restarted; other times it worked properly.

The updater file is what the application fetches in order to do its work. If you can see that in the browser on the same computer that runs HS3, then your networking infrastructure/firewall is likely not the problem.

The reason I asked about the disk being full was the message "Error saving the downloaded file" which sounds like a problem writing to the disk.

Comment

Originally posted by macrho View Post
                      Firewall rebooted along with the flushdns, was able to update 2 plugins -- thanks! No luck on the updater showing currently installed versions.

I can see the updater control file from my browser, is there anything I should do with that file?
                      While I'm not having the same problem, similarly, I did note that in the Beta Section, I don't have any "Installed Versions" listed. "Installed Plug-Ins" seems correct....
                      HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
                      Home Assistant 2024.3
                      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
                      Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
                      Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
                      WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
                      AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Originally posted by macrho View Post

Are you running HS3 as an admin? This looks like it could be a permissions issue or storage space issue.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Firewall rebooted along with the flushdns, was able to update 2 plugins -- thanks!

Good news on the updating macrho!

No luck on the updater showing currently installed versions.

For the issue relating to updater showing currently installed versions. I am seeing the same here with Linux HS3. Here utilize the Omni Plugin.

[ATTACH]64581[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]64580[/ATTACH]

Rich is doing the collective HS3 version issues gathering / fixing here===>

Discussions related to HomeSeer Beta builds 3.0.0.369->3.0.0.383

A few folks have already posted about this issue. Personally I would post there relating to your concerns.

Current beta version of Homeseer 3 is V.383. Standard release HS3 version is V.368. Issue is same with both versions and running in Windows and Linux.
                          Last edited by Pete; November 20, 2017, 11:32 AM.
                          - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I'm having the same problem for the last few beta versions. I have no "installed version" showing on any of them. And BLLAN is the only one I have problem trying to update. I thought it was a BLLAN issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                              Are you running HS3 as an admin? This looks like it could be a permissions issue or storage space issue.
                              The plugins are now getting updated, however, I still see nothing under the Installed column in the beta channel

so I think I'm good on plugins

Comment

Working...
                              X