This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAG rain gauge counter

I bought the rain gauge 'conversion kit' from AAG and when I connect it up to my TEMP05 1-wire network and do an 'ERA' and 'INI' it doesn't show up. Any ideas on what to check? I pretty sure I have a good connection as I unplugged the AAG 1-wire weather station and plugged this into the same connector and did an ERA & INI.

Dick

[This message was edited by Dick Masson on Sun, 21 March 2004 at 01:27 PM.]
    Dick
    HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Hi Dick,

I suggest that you double-check your wiring. Use a multimeter if necessary to ensure that you have continuity. Not sure which version of TEMP05 you have, but later versions will display a "OW Bus error" if you have reversed the wiring.

Mitch

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mitch:
      Hi Dick,

I suggest that you double-check your wiring. Use a multimeter if necessary to ensure that you have continuity. Not sure which version of TEMP05 you have, but later versions will display a "OW Bus error" if you have reversed the wiring.

Mitch <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got it wired right (unfortunately) as I do get a "OW Bus error" if I reverse the connections. My TEMP05 is V5.10. Looks like the counter board from AAG might be bad then. I'm waiting to hear from them also.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Dick
      Dick
      HS PRO 2.5.0.81, WinXP, IE8, Shuttle XS35V3, 2.13GHz, 4GB, 40GB SSD drive, AC-RF2, ADIOcelot, Message Server, TI103, SNEVL CID, pjcOutlook, MCSTemperature, Powertrigger, BLBackup, BLFloorplan, BLIcon, BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLRfid, BLLogMonitor, ACPUPSD, UltraECM, WeatherXML & Stipus' script connector. 500+ devices, 260+ events, 1-wire weather station + temp/humidity sensors & Oregon Scientific temp & humidity sensors & 2 Brultech ECM-1240s

Comment

Dick,

Check out this thread. It may help, as it looks like you may have had the same problem that I did.

Comment

I have observed that Temp05 has a harder time finding new device than is does in addressing existing devices. I suspect it is just the nature of the poll algorithm/waveform.

When adding a new sensor remove some prior ones so the bus is lightly loaded. After the new sensor is found (after INI) then replace the ones that had been removed.

Comment

Working...
          X