Issue with mulitple receivers -- W800's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with mulitple receivers -- W800's

Anyone else using multiple W800's in BLRF in HS3? I seem to have an issue where both receivers work for a while and then one or the other stops receiving commands. If I disable/enable the plugin or restart HS it might start working again or only one or the other will work. I have tried setting it from mscommlib to serial and back again, but seem to get the same results. I have tried to turn on debug logging and although I can either capture both working or just one of them I haven't been able to get an instance where I find it stop working while the logging is running. The receivers are on opposite ends of the house so when it isn't working I normally start missing commands from which ever on isn't currently receiving. In the most recent version receiver 2 was working as all the debug shows entries from it:

ReceiverW800MessageData:
    ------------------------
    receiverNumber: 2

The previous time I tested it was number 1 that was working. I have also swapped the order of the receivers in the options page, but that doesn't seem to help. I will try to capture logging when it actually stops, but so far I don't see any errors that would cause one or the other to stop.

Running 2.0.74 BLRF
    and .152 of HS3

Thanks,
    Jeff

Well after working on this off and on for a few weeks I think it comes down to my w800 that is connected via a Global Cache Ethernet to serial device. It seems to connect normally and sometimes works for a while, but it always seems to fail at some point and just stop receiving signals. The same device was used with ACRF in HS2 and I never saw an issue. So I have tried swapping it with a different w800 and I also went through and messed with all the port settings and timeouts, but I can't get it to work reliably for any period of time. I have turned on blrf debug logging and reviewed it several times trying to find an error or where it stopped working, but no luck. Also reviewing event viewer doesn't seem to show anything either. I may try to get another serial connection to that location, but it is quite a distance from where the HS machine is located so if anyone has any ideas or has seen something similar. Is there any sort of timeout that BLRF uses when talking to a serial device that I can modify or maybe some additional logging I might be able to get. I have confirmed I have the most recent version of the IP2SL firmware and the serial port emulator software is the most recent. I'm going to move the device back to HS2 for a bit and confirm that it doesn't get any drops.

I am on the most recent version of HS3 and BLRF as well and have BLRF set to MSCommLib for the W800 com port control type.

Jeff

Comment

Odd... I am not aware of anyone else having that issue.
      The MSCommLib is usually pretty good at working with usb to serial.
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Yeah I'm not sure either. I do have the trouble w800 on the global cache running on HS2 currently with the ACRF and it still is running along with no problems. This is the same machine that I run it on for HS3 as well and the same settings for the com port and baud rate and such. Later tonight when everyone goes to bed I can try running just this w800 and disable the other 2 and see what happens. What is strange is I have 3 total. 1 is on a true com port on the machine, the second is on a edgeport usb to serial device and it seems to work fine and then this one that is on the global cache Ethernet to serial device. I even moved the w800 that was on the true serial port with the one that was on the global cache, but the problem stayed with the global cache device. I thought maybe I would see some sort of error in event viewer or the blrf detailed logging when it gets disconnected or an error, but I couldn't find anything it just seems to stop working. Other times I might start HS3 and right off the bat it doesn't work unless I cycle the plugin or restart HS3 or the machine. I can't find any pattern on why or when it might stop.

If I can get any further information tonight with it running alone on HS3 I will update this in the morning.

Thanks,
        Jeff

Comment

Well just an update. I had the w800/GC running on HS2 until around midnight and it was working fine. I then moved it over to HS3 and set it up as the only device and turned on detailed logging. By itself it appeared to work all night with out dropping out, but there was very little activity unless I would trigger lights to get it to see something on the dusk/dawn sensors.

Since it was still working I then moved the other 2 devices back into BLRF and have left debug logging on for now and will check it in a bit to see if things are still getting picked up by that receiver or not.

Jeff

Comment

Just another update. After I got home this morning I checked the detailed log right away. Sure enough the w800/GC device had quit working at 07:34 am. I did notice something I hadn't seen before or at least had not noticed. The In.BufferCount for this device started increasing in number until it hit 1024 which is when it quit:

Here are the last few entries:

02/21/2015 07:34:27:813 AM : v2.0.74.0 - myReceiverComPort1_DataReceived() @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ RECEIVER #1 @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
            02/21/2015 07:34:27:813 AM : v2.0.74.0 - myReceiverComPort1_DataReceived() started
            02/21/2015 07:34:27:813 AM : v2.0.74.0 - myReceiverComPort1_DataReceived(): myReceiver1ComPort.CommEvent --> 2
            02/21/2015 07:34:27:813 AM : v2.0.74.0 - myReceiverComPort1_DataReceived(): myReceiver1ComPort.InBufferCount --> 1020
            02/21/2015 07:34:27:813 AM : v2.0.74.0 - myReceiverComPort1_DataReceived(): receiver1Type --> WGL W800RF32 Receiver
            02/21/2015 07:34:27:813 AM : v2.0.74.0 - myReceiverComPort1_DataReceived() finished

02/21/2015 07:34:27:891 AM : v2.0.74.0 - myReceiverComPort1_DataReceived() @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ RECEIVER #1 @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

02/21/2015 07:34:27:891 AM : v2.0.74.0 - myReceiverComPort1_DataReceived() started
            02/21/2015 07:34:27:891 AM : v2.0.74.0 - myReceiverComPort1_DataReceived(): myReceiver1ComPort.CommEvent --> 2
            02/21/2015 07:34:27:891 AM : v2.0.74.0 - myReceiverComPort1_DataReceived(): myReceiver1ComPort.InBufferCount --> 1024
            02/21/2015 07:34:27:891 AM : v2.0.74.0 - myReceiverComPort1_DataReceived(): receiver1Type --> WGL W800RF32 Receiver
            02/21/2015 07:34:27:891 AM : v2.0.74.0 - myReceiverComPort1_DataReceived() finished

It appears that at 07:30:35 I received a message on Receiver #1 and the inbuffercount showed 1 and then started to climb. From 1 to 8 then it appears in jumps of 4 until it hits 1024 at 07:34:27.

On the other 2 devices the buffer count appears to show 4 most of the time, but other values as well and they climb and drop multiple times after they were activated. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but it seems that 1024 must be the buffer limit of some sort which causes it to no longer receive messages. Maybe that is enough for someone familiar with the protocol to take a look at. I'm happy to do further testing as I would prefer not to have to run a new cable or device to the other side of the house if this can be remedied. It appears up until the buffer count that the device was showing new messages in the log and triggering devices in BLRadar and in HS2/ACRF it ran most of the night without a hiccup.

Thanks,
            Jeff

Bob I went ahead and created a new ticket on your helpdesk -- Ticket 749

Comment

Have you tried using SerialPort comm port type?
              Cheers,
              Bob
              Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I am having a similar issue with a Quatech ethernet to Serial interface + 2 W800rfs. Curious as to solutions that may have worked.

Comment

Working...
                X