What to Backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to Backup

So I need to backup, but what? What do you need to restore Homeseer, and the Z-Net files? I want to save to a different computer on my LAN I enter this address in the 'Destination Address'?
    \\LMASUS\Users\User\Documents\Hometroller Backup
    Is that space between Hometroller and Backup going to be a problem? What about the compression aspect? I use 7-zip when I need something unzipped, do I need to do something to enable the compression?

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
    So I need to backup, but what? What do you need to restore Homeseer, and the Z-Net files? I want to save to a different computer on my LAN I enter this address in the 'Destination Address'?
    Is that space between Hometroller and Backup going to be a problem? What about the compression aspect? I use 7-zip when I need something unzipped, do I need to do something to enable the compression?
    On a Windows machine, you want to grab the entire HomeSeer 3 folder (and all subfolders and files). Copy to any other machine rather than the machine running HomeSeer.

Double-quote the entire string because of that space - or just remove the space.

Comment

For me, I backup:

c:\Program Files\Blue Iris 4\
      c:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\
      c:\program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSTouch\
      c:\Users\yourid\Documents\My HSTouch Projects\

Comment

Working...
      X