Repeat after me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repeat after me

Any way to use the Google built in function of "repeat after me" for announcements over Google Home devices instead of using the HomeSeer broadcast function?

The big problem I'm having with HS announcements over Google Home/Chromecast devices is they stop the currently playing media, and don't restart it after the announcement is done.

Thanks,

Ben

Originally posted by benrjunk View Post
    Any way to use the Google built in function of "repeat after me" for announcements over Google Home devices instead of using the HomeSeer broadcast function?

The big problem I'm having with HS announcements over Google Home/Chromecast devices is they stop the currently playing media, and don't restart it after the announcement is done.

Thanks,

Ben
    Ahhh that's a nice find if it can be added by spud it would be awesome

Comment

+1 for me
      iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Api

Think spud might be using the API for casting for Google assistant? Might not be available to him

Comment

Originally posted by benrjunk View Post

Thanks,

Ben
          I dont know if you ever found a solution to this but google assistant has a Broadcast feature now that has been out for a few months. Just say "Ok Google, Broadcast kids come downstairs". All the google home and minis in your house will broadcast your voice "Kids, Come downstairs". There are also extra nifty sounds it will add on occasion for things like "its dinner time". It will add a ringing dinner bell.

Comment

Whoa, I had no idea about the Broadcast functionality!

+1 for me as well
            I hope it eventually makes its way into the plugin (if possible).

Comment

Working...
            X