Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use BLBackup for Homeseer SEL ?

Hello,

I am a newbie owner of a Homeseer SEL, coming from using a buggy Veralite system.

So my question is how to use the BLBackup app to backup my Linux directory files on the SEL to a blank USB drive ? ( how do I even format the USB drive using the SEL )

Are there any more specific directions on how to do this ?

Thanks,
    Jack

Backing up Homeseer SEL ?

Can anyone point me in the direction of how to backup my SEL to a USB thumb drive ? I have minimal experience with Linux, and not sure even where to start....

Thanks,
    Jack

Comment

To start a backup in BLBackup you will need to create an event and specify a BLBackup action to backup a directory

I am not sure how you use a USB drive though in Linux to do this. I am sure someone on here to answer that one
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

So far, I am unable to use BLBackup at all.

Help File:
        I am unable to access any help file for BLBackup. I can get the HS3 BLBackup web page displayed. When I click the Help button on that page, my browser opens a new tab, but the new tab page remains forever blank. If there is a help file somewhere, I'd surely like to know how to get it.

Setup Environment:
        HS3 is running on a HomeTroller SEL PRO. I monitor and control HS3 via web interface executing on a Win 10 machine on the same LAN. The Advanced IP Scan app says the name of my HomeTroller is hometrollerSEL, and the name of my web interface machine is Delleric. I am able to use WinSCP to transfer files from the HomeTroller to my Win 10 machine.

My Problem:
        I want to use BLBackup to make regular backups that are saved to a specified directory on my Win 10 computer. Every time I try to add a backup directory, I get an error message, "Backup folder does not exist!" I have created backup folders on Win 10, and assigned Everyone wide open permissions. I have also tried network shares of the backup folders. No matter what I do, I cannot get past "Backup folder does not exist." I have encountered this error message on both the BLBackup Options page and the BLBackup Directories page.

My Plea:
        I have invested a lot of time developing my HS3 smart home, and I am becoming increasingly anxious to protect my work before something bad happens. I have negligible Linux experience, and I haven't kept up with the details of Win 10 network file exchange. I need (1) the help file, if there is one, and (2) a detailed procedure for setting up these backups. Thanks in advance for help anyone can provide.

Current Date/Time: 9/11/2019 12:31:49 PM
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.534
        Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 2 Days 14 Hours 8 Minutes 2 Seconds
        IP Address: 192.168.1.105
        Number of Devices: 307
        Number of Events: 179
        Available Threads: 199
        HSTouch Enabled: True
        Event Threads: 0
        Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
        Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
        Device Exec Queue: 0
        HSTouch Event Queue: 0
        Email Send Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins
        3.3.2.0: APCUPSD
        1.0.0.148: Arduino Plugin
        2.0.61.0: BLBackup
        3.0.26.0: BLLock
        1.0.1.0: BLTEDPro
        1.3.7.3: Device History
        3.0.0.67: EasyTrigger
        3.0.2.20: OMNI
        3.0.6644.26753: UltraLog3
        3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

Comment

You can access the help page on linux from here

http://www.bladeplugins.com/BLHelpPa...ackup_Help.asp

You are running HS3 from linux so you will need to map the windows drive so linux can see it
          You likely need to use samba for this unless someone else knows of a better way
          Cheers,
          Bob
          Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Working...
          X