Insteon Motion Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insteon Motion Sensor

It looks like the three groups for the motion sensor were added correctly by the plugin. It looks like the status isn't being reported correctly on the status screen. If the corresponding group is off, the status shows off. If the group is on, the status is blank. Attached is a text file with snippets of the log that shows the motion sensor sending both on and off commands for motion sensing.

I see that my password shows up in the debug level log file. Is there any way to encrypt the password from the beginning?

Insteon Motion.txt

How did you add the MD? I tried using Add New Insteon Device in the ISY applicayion but nothing was added.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesx0 View Post
      It looks like the three groups for the motion sensor were added correctly by the plugin. It looks like the status isn't being reported correctly on the status screen. If the corresponding group is off, the status shows off. If the group is on, the status is blank. Attached is a text file with snippets of the log that shows the motion sensor sending both on and off commands for motion sensing.
      I still don't have my motion sensor Of course, I'm not sure I'll be able to even use it when I do get it. But anyway. Looking at the log, it looks like all the events and status notices were processed correctly. I'm guessing that the issue is because I don't detect the device type properly. So that probably means that my generic device code isn't handling the on status properly.

I post a version in the next day or so. If it doesn't work correctly with the motion sensors, it will at least allow you to see what the device type is so can properly set up the device.

I see that my password shows up in the debug level log file. Is there any way to encrypt the password from the beginning?
      It ISY doesn't really support an encrypted password so there's not much point to the plug-in encrypting it, but my plan is to remove those specific debug messages.
      --
      Bob Paauwe
      ISYInsteon Plug-in
      http://www.bobsplace.com/ISYInsteon/

Comment

Originally posted by FrankR View Post
        How did you add the MD? I tried using Add New Insteon Device in the ISY applicayion but nothing was added.
        Hold the button on the back for 5 seconds. The LED will begin to flash. Press the button again and the LED will flash at a faster rate. Now you can manually add the motion sensor to the ISY.

Comment

Thanks. I tried just about every combination except that one. I'll try it tonight.

What ISY firmware are you running, 2.6.8 ?
          Plug-in 1.0.0.15 ?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankR View Post
            What ISY firmware are you running, 2.6.8 ?
            Plug-in 1.0.0.15 ?
            Yes and yes.

Comment

Working...
            X