BLMediaPlayer and HSTouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BLMediaPlayer and HSTouch

I bought this plugin some time ago - particularly for its ability to play music to remote speaker clients - works great.

Checking thru the finished update requests I saw a number of them relating to cover art in HSTouch. I am assuming others have this working. It would be really useful if somebody could post some instructions and related files etc. Thanks

PS: Since many new users will be discovering these plugins, it might be useful for someone to clarify the differences between this plugin and BLMusic - why would a user choose one or the other.

The main differences are

BLMediaPlayer
    Does NOT do cover art
    Is playlist based for music selections

BLMusic
    Does cover art nicely
    Is folder/directory based for adding music to a queue to be played. (does not do playlists)
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

BLMediaPlayer works with the Windows Media Player library you have setup on your computer.
      BLMusic allows the user to play music using a folder structure library on a hard drive.

I am sure others who use them both with chime in. I do not use either of them
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

It would be great if you could toggle the controls like mute/unmute, or play/stop/resume/pause for those of us trying to use this in HSTouch.
        Don

Comment

Originally posted by donstephens View Post
          It would be great if you could toggle the controls like mute/unmute, or play/stop/resume/pause for those of us trying to use this in HSTouch.
          Doing that in HSTouch with simple events tied to buttons.

Barry

Comment

Good way to do it.
            Don

Comment

Working...
            X