Jon00 BBC Weather V4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    I've just searched for timeinterval in the PDF and found it in two places?
    Sorry John

Must be missing something here. Cant seem to find it. Please point me in the right direction, thanks. I have Donated again but read that I do not need the whole Folder, just the script

Cheers

Steve
    Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

You just need to replace the script contained within the download zip.

When you run the script the Jon00BBCWeatherV4.ini file will be updated automatically.

Under the ini sections [DetailedDay1] & [DetailedDay2], you should find a new entry called TimeInterval=3

From the docs:

With the recent change to the BBC Web site, the detailed weather conditions are now provided on an hourly
      basis. This setting allows you to alter this and reduce the frequency once every 2 or 3 hours (as it used to display).

1 = every hour
      2 = every 2 hours
      3 = every 3 hours

Note this setting only works under [DetailedDay1] & [DetailedDay2]

You will also find the same entry under the [DetailedOverview] section which alters the time duration for the detailed forecast graphic :

From the docs:

TimeInterval = 3 (Values 1 to 4)

With the recent change to the BBC Web site, the detailed weather conditions are now provided on an hourly
      basis. This setting allows you to alter the time interval between the 7 time slots.
      1 = every hour
      2 = every 2 hours
      3 = every 3 hours
      4 = every 4 hours

Hope that helps.
      Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon

It all makes sense now. I was searching originaly for a single script on your website and not the complete download.

I donated but did not download it as I was a bit unsure (I didnt want to muck it all up by reinstalling the whole thing twice ). I will visit your website and download the zip file.

Thanks for your help. I have really missed this.

Cheers

Steve
        Steve

Comment

Hi Jon

I have replaced both scripts (speak and weather in the script folder) I hope thats correct

The ini file shows my current code and location but when it annouces the weather it is for London. It seems to be ignoring this file but obviously getting info from somewhere. Have I done all that is required ?

Thanks

Steve
          Steve

Comment

Hmm, that is strange but I saw this too. It does default to London.

Delete the LocationCode=XXXXXX from your ini file and then add it again but copy the text from below. Obviously add your region code. See if that works.

Locationcode=
            Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon

I will try this in the morning as the wife has gone to bed. I'm not sure she will appreciate the weather report streaming over the Sonos in the bedroom this time of night

Will try it tomorrow and see how I get on. Thanks for your support

Steve
              Steve

Comment

Hi Jon

Still annouces London as the location after changing to "Locationcode=" My area code is 2638714.

I await you instruction

Thanks

Steve
                Steve

Comment

Steve,

Would you mind posting your ini file to the board. I'll use it to try and see what the issue is. It's odd as I did see the symptom before in that the script refused to read this particular entry from the ini file even though everything was correctly defined.
                  Jon

Comment

No Problem, here it is. I hope I have edited it correctly

thanks
                    Attached Files
                    Steve

Comment

It looks like your ini file has got corrupted (hidden characters).

Try the attached replacement.
                      Attached Files
                      Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon

It all appears to be working fine now . The only thing I have noticed is that With the parms set (I1+F1+E) it also reads the forecast for the day after. This is not a problem but I suppose looking on the BBC website this is also been added in the text. Is this correct? or can I change it to another setting?

I may at a later date request a silence at the begining of the annoucement (this Is my end and set up, not you script) I have it streamed over the Sonos but sometimes I miss part of the "This is the weather for...." by about 500 msecs. This I am liasing with Dirk over to try and resolve.

Thanks for your help and also producing such a cracking piece of work!
                        Steve

Comment

To be honest, I never tested the speech script will all permatations. I'll take a look over the weekend and try your parameters.

In the meantime, you can fix the delay yourself.

Open up Jon00BBCWeatherspeak.vb in notepad.

Find the following text:

Code:
                          Location=hs.GetINISetting("CurrentCondition","Location","",IniFileName)
                          Immediately below this line add the following code:

Code:
                          hs.speak ("<silence msec='500'/>",True,SPClient)
                          Save the file. This will give you 500ms speech delay before the announcement starts. You can change this value to whatever you like (in milliseconds).
                          Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon

I will give it a go!

Cheers
                            Steve

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post

In the meantime, you can fix the delay yourself.

Open up Jon00BBCWeatherspeak.vb in notepad.

Find the following text:

Code:
                              Location=hs.GetINISetting("CurrentCondition","Location","",IniFileName)
                              Immediately below this line add the following code:

Code:
                              hs.speak ("<silence msec='500'/>",True,SPClient)
                              Save the file. This will give you 500ms speech delay before the announcement starts. You can change this value to whatever you like (in milliseconds).
                              Jon

Adding this to the script causes Hs to stop working. Is it anything to do with the speaker client. I am using Host instance thingy. Would that have a bearing on it ?

Cheers
                              Steve

Comment

What do you mean by HS stops working? This should not cause any issues at all?
                                Jon

Comment

Working...
                                X