No announcement yet.

HS3 Pushover Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it is not too much hassle to add, I love the idea of a root device to control if to send or not send messages, but it might be worth having a few (not trying to over-complicate things) but for example it might be nice to turn off all messages, or all messages except emergency ones, or all messages except high priority (and higher) this way you could stop messages which are simple (window left open with heater on), but keep emergency ones like (fire detected, alarm triggered) and so on.

Just food for thought, I do like the idea of last message sent though
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

A future feature request: Is there away to flag up in an event the failure of a 'pushed' message or notification?
      The reason why is I would like to operate a backup messaging service. i.e send SMS or email if the pushover message failed for some reason.
      John.

Other that, this plugin has my thumbs up!

Comment

Originally posted by teladog01 View Post
        Is it possible to not specify a sound in an event, so that the device's specified default sound for that priority will be used?

If not possible currently, please consider this as a feature request
        Yes according to the API I should have been offering this in any case but I must have ignored it by accident. The new version has 'System Default' at the end of the sounds list, if that is sent then the devices default tone is played.

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
        If it is not too much hassle to add, I love the idea of a root device to control if to send or not send messages, but it might be worth having a few (not trying to over-complicate things) but for example it might be nice to turn off all messages, or all messages except emergency ones, or all messages except high priority (and higher) this way you could stop messages which are simple (window left open with heater on), but keep emergency ones like (fire detected, alarm triggered) and so on.

Just food for thought, I do like the idea of last message sent though
        I'm going to keep it simple and just have one device to let anything lower than an emergency message through, if it is set to false then it lets everything if not just emergency messages come through.

I have also added an extra device which will show the number of messages remaining in the month.

Originally posted by johnny_holden View Post
        A future feature request: Is there away to flag up in an event the failure of a 'pushed' message or notification?
        The reason why is I would like to operate a backup messaging service. i.e send SMS or email if the pushover message failed for some reason.
        John.

Other that, this plugin has my thumbs up!
        Only emergency messages can be checked to see whether they have been received by the device and there is an expiry option if the emergency message is not acknowledged. The trigger for that should already be in the plugin. For anything lower than that then not really, I know that a message has been sent to the pushover server and get a confirmation they have been sent but this does not mean they have been received by the device, only they have been sent to the server. If there is a failure anywhere it is likely to be in the fact your device is out of wifi/data range I would imagine rather than the connection between your HS PC and the internet is broken.

If anyone wishes to try the new version it is here Edit: Removed and new version in top of thread and it would be great if anyone could let me know if there are any issues.

I cannot distribute the plugin with the Pushover icon but if you want one then look closely on the Pushover website you should be able to find it, download the 48x48 version and then call it pushovericon.png in your images directory and it should work.
        Last edited by mrhappy; July 14, 2014, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Cant seem to get this going

Some time ago I had this working, now after a fresh start I cant get it to work.

here is my log file all looks ok but the pushover site doesn't see any messages coming from HomeSeer yet if I send a message straight from the pushover web site I get it on my phone...any ideas?

Aug-20 1:40:58 PM Event Event Trigger "System Notifications TEST Pushover"
          Aug-20 1:40:58 PM Event Event System Notifications TEST Pushover triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
          Aug-20 1:40:36 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Pushover 3P
          Aug-20 1:40:35 PM Pushover 3P Attempting to produce a client/group list...
          Aug-20 1:40:35 PM Pushover 3P Downloaded 22 sounds from Pushover - Adding Device Default
          Aug-20 1:40:34 PM Pushover 3P Downloading sounds from Pushover
          Aug-20 1:40:34 PM Pushover 3P Attempting Sound Download....
          Aug-20 1:40:34 PM Pushover 3P pushToken: aPAFiHUUgedh9XsikJGRmSTQXef4cB
          Aug-20 1:40:34 PM Pushover 3P emerInterval: 60
          Aug-20 1:40:34 PM Pushover 3P emerExpiry: 300
          Aug-20 1:40:34 PM Pushover 3P Plugin Starting

Comment

Wow, thanks. This is very useful. I was planning on using HSTouch to deliver these messages, and perhaps I will in the future, but this was very simple and speedy to set up.

Just curious, in what language and development environment did you write this plug-in?

Comment

Originally posted by FernandoSolanes View Post
              Some time ago I had this working, now after a fresh start I cant get it to work.

here is my log file all looks ok but the pushover site doesn't see any messages coming from HomeSeer yet if I send a message straight from the pushover web site I get it on my phone...any ideas?

Aug-20 1:40:58 PM Event Event Trigger "System Notifications TEST Pushover"
              Aug-20 1:40:58 PM Event Event System Notifications TEST Pushover triggered by the event page 'Run' button.
              Aug-20 1:40:36 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Pushover 3P
              Aug-20 1:40:35 PM Pushover 3P Attempting to produce a client/group list...
              Aug-20 1:40:35 PM Pushover 3P Downloaded 22 sounds from Pushover - Adding Device Default
              Aug-20 1:40:34 PM Pushover 3P Downloading sounds from Pushover
              Aug-20 1:40:34 PM Pushover 3P Attempting Sound Download....
              Aug-20 1:40:34 PM Pushover 3P pushToken: aPAFiHUUgedh9XsikJGRmSTQXef4cB
              Aug-20 1:40:34 PM Pushover 3P emerInterval: 60
              Aug-20 1:40:34 PM Pushover 3P emerExpiry: 300
              Aug-20 1:40:34 PM Pushover 3P Plugin Starting
              Have you set up any devices in the configuration page? You need to set up at least one device before you can send messages, the device contains the key and both the token and key are needed to sent messages.

Comment

Originally posted by Agwan View Post
                Wow, thanks. This is very useful. I was planning on using HSTouch to deliver these messages, and perhaps I will in the future, but this was very simple and speedy to set up.

Just curious, in what language and development environment did you write this plug-in?
                Thanks for the feedback, it is written in vb.net and I write in Visual Studio 2010 Express.

Comment

Pushover Config

Here is what my configuration looks like.
                  Attached Files

Comment

OK everything looks normal there providing the keys are up to date, what happens when you send the message, what error goes into the log?

Comment

I have copied and pasted the keys to confirm, unfortunately I don't see any error messages in the logs when I run the any of the events that should trigger pushover the event run and completes but I don't receive any messages. When I check pushover I doesn't show the application sent any messages to it..I tried completely removing the plugin and starting fresh but still nothing. strange...

Comment

Hi Adam,

After seeing Fernando's posts, it dawned on me that I also had not received any Pushover messages recently. I tried sending a message from a test event and did not receive it. I then logged onto the pushover website and was able to send messages from there. I tried again from HS/plugin and messages are not getting through. I also don't see any errors in the HS log and don't see the message showing up in the queue on the pushover site. Is there a way to turn debug on to get additional info?

Thanks
                        Al
                        HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                        Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I just tested on my HS2 system and received the push message instantly...
                          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

HS3 here - Mine are still coming through as usual, received three today. The last one at 7:33am MDT.
                            HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                              Hi Adam,

After seeing Fernando's posts, it dawned on me that I also had not received any Pushover messages recently. I tried sending a message from a test event and did not receive it. I then logged onto the pushover website and was able to send messages from there. I tried again from HS/plugin and messages are not getting through. I also don't see any errors in the HS log and don't see the message showing up in the queue on the pushover site. Is there a way to turn debug on to get additional info?

Thanks
                              Al
                              Originally posted by FernandoSolanes View Post
                              I have copied and pasted the keys to confirm, unfortunately I don't see any error messages in the logs when I run the any of the events that should trigger pushover the event run and completes but I don't receive any messages. When I check pushover I doesn't show the application sent any messages to it..I tried completely removing the plugin and starting fresh but still nothing. strange...
                              OK well someone else has also sent me a message of a similar nature so something is clearly not right somewhere. When I send the message to Pushover I wait for a response and this response contains a short bit of XML I then look at, when you see "Pushover Notification Sent" in the log this is actually a confirmation from Pushover that the message was valid and had been sent to their server. Do either of you get this message? I have changed something that if you get an error this is sent to the normal log rather than the debug log.

It could help if you are not getting this message then stop the plugin, enable developer mode and then send a message, in the debug log it should show details of the response from Pushover (if any) and that would be a huge help here regardless of what is being sent.

Apologies you are seeing this, I am hoping it is just something simple to fix.

Comment

Here is a capture from Developer Mode:

Sub Main() Called
                                Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
                                Connected, waiting to be initialized...
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Plugin Starting
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] emerExpiry: 300
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] emerInterval: 60
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] pushToken: aPAFiHUUgedh9XsikJGRmSTQXef4cB
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Attempting Sound Download....
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Downloading sounds from Pushover
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] rSound Download: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
                                <hash>
                                <sounds>
                                <pushover>Pushover (default)</pushover>
                                <bike>Bike</bike>
                                <bugle>Bugle</bugle>
                                <cashregister>Cash Register</cashregister>
                                <classical>Classical</classical>
                                <cosmic>Cosmic</cosmic>
                                <falling>Falling</falling>
                                <gamelan>Gamelan</gamelan>
                                <incoming>Incoming</incoming>
                                <intermission>Intermission</intermission>
                                <magic>Magic</magic>
                                <mechanical>Mechanical</mechanical>
                                <pianobar>Piano Bar</pianobar>
                                <siren>Siren</siren>
                                <spacealarm>Space Alarm</spacealarm>
                                <tugboat>Tug Boat</tugboat>
                                <alien>Alien Alarm (long)</alien>
                                <climb>Climb (long)</climb>
                                <persistent>Persistent (long)</persistent>
                                <echo>Pushover Echo (long)</echo>
                                <updown>Up Down (long)</updown>
                                <none>None (silent)</none>
                                </sounds>
                                <status type="integer">1</status>
                                <request>86462363b197d4a8085ca99bcf2af6e2</request>
                                </hash>

[8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 0 - pushover - Pushover (default)
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 1 - bike - Bike
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 2 - bugle - Bugle
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 3 - cashregister - Cash Register
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 4 - classical - Classical
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 5 - cosmic - Cosmic
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 6 - falling - Falling
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 7 - gamelan - Gamelan
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 8 - incoming - Incoming
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 9 - intermission - Intermission
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 10 - magic - Magic
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 11 - mechanical - Mechanical
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 12 - pianobar - Piano Bar
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 13 - siren - Siren
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 14 - spacealarm - Space Alarm
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 15 - tugboat - Tug Boat
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 16 - alien - Alien Alarm (long)
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 17 - climb - Climb (long)
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 18 - persistent - Persistent (long)
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 19 - echo - Pushover Echo (long)
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 20 - updown - Up Down (long)
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Adding: 21 - none - None (silent)
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Downloaded 22 sounds from Pushover - Adding Device Defaul
                                t
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Attempting to produce a client/group list...
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Clients: iphone=Nothing Fern=ubP5CXeFE55tFmG6i7eZpV6EDusv
                                Pg
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Current Line 0: iphone Current Line 1: Nothing
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Current Line 0: Fern Current Line 1: ubP5CXeFE55tFmG6i7eZ
                                pV6EDusvPg
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] Found IFACE_NAME, exit
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:11 PM] End Of Enumerator - Create Devices: False
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:12 PM] Devices Owned By Plugin: 222 Name: Pushover 3P Root Devic
                                e
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:12 PM] Devices Owned By Plugin: 223 Name: Pushover 3P Enabled/Di
                                sabled
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:12 PM] Devices Owned By Plugin: 224 Name: Pushover 3P Last Messa
                                ge Sent
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:12 PM] Devices Owned By Plugin: 228 Name: Pushover 3P Disable No
                                n-Emergency Messages
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:12 PM] Devices Owned By Plugin: 230 Name: Pushover 3P Applicatio
                                n Messages Remaining
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:12 PM] Array: bCode(0) - 222
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:12 PM] Array: bCode(1) - 223
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:12 PM] Array: bCode(2) - 224
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:12 PM] Array: bCode(3) - 228
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:12 PM] Array: bCode(4) - 230
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:12 PM] Sending Status: False Device Value: 0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:12 PM] ****** InitIO Ended ******
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] ActionConfigured Called DataIn IsNothing: False
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] ActionConfigured - 3581 Action Keys Count: 0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] Call to DeSerialize the Information
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] Return from DeSerialize Key Count: 7
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mKey_3581_8152_A0 Actions: Fern
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mTitle_3581_8152_A0 Actions: testt
                                ttt
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mMessage_3581_8152_A0 Actions: Mes
                                sage tttttttt
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mPriority_3581_8152_A0 Actions: No
                                rmal
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mSound_3581_8152_A0 Actions: pusho
                                ver
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mURL_3581_8152_A0 Actions:
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mURLTitle_3581_8152_A0 Actions:
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] itemsConfigured: 5
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] Configured: True
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] *********
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] ActionCount() 7
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] ActionCount() 7
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] ActionName() 1
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] ActionName Return: Send Pushover Message
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] ActionBuildUI Called UID: 3581 DataIn IsNothing: False
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] TANumber: 1 SubTANumber: 0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] sUnique: _8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] DeSerialize Called
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] Action Keys Count: 7
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] sKey ActionBuildUI: mKey_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] sKey ActionBuildUI: mTitle_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] sKey ActionBuildUI: mMessage_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] sKey ActionBuildUI: mPriority_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] sKey ActionBuildUI: mSound_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] sKey ActionBuildUI: mURL_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] sKey ActionBuildUI: mURLTitle_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:23 PM] *********
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] ActionConfigured Called DataIn IsNothing: False
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] ActionConfigured - 3581 Action Keys Count: 7
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] Call to DeSerialize the Information
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] Return from DeSerialize Key Count: 7
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mKey_3581_8152_A0 Actions: Fern
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mTitle_3581_8152_A0 Actions: testt
                                ttt
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mMessage_3581_8152_A0 Actions: Mes
                                sage tttttttt
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mPriority_3581_8152_A0 Actions: No
                                rmal
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mSound_3581_8152_A0 Actions: pusho
                                ver
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mURL_3581_8152_A0 Actions:
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mURLTitle_3581_8152_A0 Actions:
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] itemsConfigured: 5
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] Configured: True
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] *********
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] ActionProcessPostUI Called
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] PostData.Count: 7
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] mKey_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] mTitle_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] mMessage_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] mPriority_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] mSound_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] mURL_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] mURLTitle_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] Returns Count: 1
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] HandleAction Called
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] PushMessage Sub Called - DeviceName: Fern
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] Priority: normal
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] Emergency Priority - Second Check
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] SendStatus Is False - Do Not Send The Message
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] ActionConfigured Called DataIn IsNothing: False
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] ActionConfigured - 3581 Action Keys Count: 7
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] Call to DeSerialize the Information
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] Return from DeSerialize Key Count: 7
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mKey_3581_8152_A0 Actions: Fern
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mTitle_3581_8152_A0 Actions: testt
                                ttt
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mMessage_3581_8152_A0 Actions: Mes
                                sage tttttttt
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mPriority_3581_8152_A0 Actions: No
                                rmal
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mSound_3581_8152_A0 Actions: pusho
                                ver
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mURL_3581_8152_A0 Actions:
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionConfigured: mURLTitle_3581_8152_A0 Actions:
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] itemsConfigured: 5
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] Configured: True
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] ActionCount() 7
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] ActionCount() 7
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] ActionName() 1
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] ActionName Return: Send Pushover Message
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] ActionBuildUI Called UID: 3581 DataIn IsNothing: False
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] TANumber: 1 SubTANumber: 0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sUnique: _8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] DeSerialize Called
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] Action Keys Count: 7
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionBuildUI: mKey_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionBuildUI: mTitle_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionBuildUI: mMessage_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionBuildUI: mPriority_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionBuildUI: mSound_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionBuildUI: mURL_3581_8152_A0
                                [8/21/2014 1:21:26 PM] sKey ActionBuildUI: mURLTitle_3581_8152_A0
                                Last edited by FernandoSolanes; August 21, 2014, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X