Comment

I wonder if an i5 would be enough to handle it
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
        I wonder if an i5 would be enough to handle it
        Yes an i5 would be fine to. Also your talking about 4 less cameras then i run. I also use the comp for more then just blueiris. You dont need 16gb of ram either.

Comment

I would use 16Gb RAM because RAM is pretty cheap
          Does RAM need to be low profile?

I was thinking of a Samsung 850 250G SSD for operating system (I am thinking Windows 7)
          I would only be using it for Blue Iris
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

I would use 16Gb RAM because RAM is pretty cheap
            Does RAM need to be low profile?

I was thinking of a Samsung 850 250G SSD for operating system (I am thinking Windows 7)
            I would only be using it for Blue Iris
            Blue iris doesnt use much ram so......

I didnt use low profile. But something with tall heat fins might not fit tho.

Comment

Here is what I am thinking:

CPU: i7-6700K LGA1151
              CPU FAN: Dynatron T450 CPU cooler
              RAM: G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2x8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM 2400 (F4-2400C15D-16GIS)
              MotherBoard: GIGABYTE GA-Z170N-WIFI Mini-ITX
              HardDrive Main: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250GB 2.5"
              HardDrive Storage: Seagate ST2000LM007 2TB
              PowerSupply: PicoPSU-160-XT/15A 180W AC-DC with barrel connector
              Case: Morex 557 Mini-Itx

I am open to feedback
              Last edited by Blade; October 21, 2016, 04:29 AM.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
                I also would try and talk you out of the glass dome versions of Hikvisions. They are great for vandal resistance but they are the worse for picture of the bullet and turret style at night atleast.
                Which cameras do you recommend?
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Here is what I am thinking:

CPU: i5-6500 LGA1151
                  CPU FAN: ** Need to find a low profile cooler for LGA1151 **
                  RAM: G.SKILL Aegis 16GB (2x8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM 2133 (F4-2133C15D-16GIS)
                  MotherBoard: GIGABYTE GA-H170N-WIFI
                  HardDrive Main: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250GB 2.5"
                  HardDrive Storage: Western Digital Purple 4TB
                  PowerSupply: PicoPSU-160-XT/15A 180W AC-DC with barrel connector
                  Case: Morex 557 Mini-Itx

I am open to feedback
                  Where are you gonna mount/fit the wd purple?

I write to the ssd for the first 100gb then transfer to storage HD for long term storage.

Comment

Will a regular HDD not fit in that case?

I may have to go with this one

Seagate ST3000LM016 3TB 5400 RPM
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Will a regular HDD not fit in that case?

I may have to go with this one

Seagate ST3000LM016 3TB 5400 RPM
                      A desktop or 3.5" doesn't fit. Dual 2.5" barely fit and lucky the ssd is actually smaller. I placed that one over the CPU fan or my fan wouldn't have fit.

Personally I think your going with more storage and RAM then needed and I would spend that money on a better CPU if anything. Blueiris eats CPU the most, as already discussed. CPU is also the hardest to upgrade normally. And if you start working the CPU% your gonna run hotter and fans are going to run faster. I would try and keep CPU% down using a faster CPU even if that means 50.00-60.00 more towards cpu.

Also your purple drive is made for NVRS writing on the fly more then anything. Blueiris suggest SSD for multiple HD cameras and it maybe a key to my Direct-To-Disc success. But that means you not continuously writing to the backup drive. I have Blueiris only move the info over after 100GB. With 11 cameras only recording motion outside and not having false alarms I have recordings dating back to the last week of April (shown in screen shot). I would consider this house to be light traffic but honestly I really only need maybe two weeks of recordings at most (unless you gone on vacation longer). Usually if anything happens I'm checking the data for the day before or when I return from a trip. But never more then two weeks even if I have back to April. I have my storage HD capped at 1,200Gb in Blueiris. It needs some extra room for trasfering and deleting so I don't get a full 2TB out of the drive or Blueiris throws errors and red warnings at me.

You can go back to the BI status picture I posted. I'm using 3.21GB of Ram 25% CPU and 1.26T of Storage.

I also just attached another current screen shot with very similer data (you can see it hovers at 25% fairly steady and go up a bit during motion) but also showing back how for my recordings go. I would note that this house again has low traffic. As you can see by today's screen shot there has been not even one recording since 6pm last night to current (I'm not there). But even if your house had 4 times the traffic and less cameras I suspect 4TB plus the SSD is alot of data and you won't need to go back 1 month to check on something let alone 4 months.

EDIT: Also you mentioned looking for a low profile CPU fan........ I would like to think that in the last year or so they have come out with better ones but if not the one I mentioned should work just fine. Skylake Processors use the same mounting specifications (Holes, Height, ect.) as older LGA115X heatsinks. In other words, heatsinks that work with LGA 1150, 1155, and 1156 will work with Skylake. Just not all older Heat-sinks have been tested and relabeled to show they fit the new products.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by integlikewhoa; October 20, 2016, 11:46 AM.

Comment

About the camera's
                        i would suggest ip cams with the sony imx178 sensor.
                        these are such a big difference with night image compared to the hikvision cams you mentioned.

Also the domes are not a great idea since there is probably a little IR bleeding going on and especially when the cam is mounted sideways on a wall with some dirt on it.

(this one is at 4 meters and difficult to clean) dahua 4Mp dome that is similar to hikvision i must add.

I do not have a imx178 sensor camera hanging right now but believe me these hik / dahua camera's are nothing compared to the night image of these sensors.

downside is that you get not so know brands, i took the risk with some others and it worked out great.
                        These have little to no noise at night.
                        Have a look at this topic :https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread...stroyer-for-90

about NVR i do not know much, i have sold some dahua nrv 4104-p versions and last week i bought a dahua 8ch 4K nvr for a customer.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenttor View Post
                          About the camera's
                          i would suggest ip cams with the sony imx178 sensor.
                          these are such a big difference with night image compared to the hikvision cams you mentioned.

Also the domes are not a great idea since there is probably a little IR bleeding going on and especially when the cam is mounted sideways on a wall with some dirt on it.

(this one is at 4 meters and difficult to clean) dahua 4Mp dome that is similar to hikvision i must add.

I do not have a imx178 sensor camera hanging right now but believe me these hik / dahua camera's are nothing compared to the night image of these sensors.

downside is that you get not so know brands, i took the risk with some others and it worked out great.
                          These have little to no noise at night.
                          Have a look at this topic :https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread...stroyer-for-90

about NVR i do not know much, i have sold some dahua nrv 4104-p versions and last week i bought a dahua 8ch 4K nvr for a customer.
                          Thanks for the info. I guess integlikewhoa isn't seeing my post or is choosing not to answer.
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                            Thanks for the info. I guess integlikewhoa isn't seeing my post or is choosing not to answer.
                            The same could be said for you, Rupp. You've done the same thing...

Back on topic, POE cams would be highly recommended. Bullet cams for outdoor, but dome cameras work best in a garage setting. I dont allow cameras indoors in the family living space, but do have one of the Fosca PTZ in a porch setting.
                            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                              Sorry, I missed it.

I Like my bullets over the domes for the ease of mounting and no IR bleed. You will have some bleeding problems and reduced night viewing with domes like was just mentioned above.

I haven't played with the turrets yet but I hear those are the best of both worlds. No IR bleeding and less spider webs due to shape and IR further away from camera.

The other thing is I used to try and hide cameras real good under eves and such and help them blend in. Then I found that mail got stolen or people just roaming around looking for unlocked doors only to stop when they saw the camera (looked right at it while it was recording). Since then I have changed my outlook on trying to make them invisible. I prefer they stick out a bit and prefer them to not be color matched to the house. I'm not talking old school commercial cameras that are 1ft long, but enough that people notice them and choose to pass on getting closer.

I never used Dahua or other so I can't comment on the sony sensor. But I will say in that night picture it looks better then mine. Only problem is I see a street light right in front of the property which helps out alot. Also in the picture The bleading around the middle to bottom (white fuzzy/blurry areas) and bad on the right is common with domes (only at night) but like he said this picture is pretty bad probley due to dirt.

On Hikvisions I have one new 4MP and alot of 3MP. That's a whole different debate. The 4MP is currently 105 on amazon but the old 3MP is around 75 on ebay from china with multi lang. I'm un decided if the 4MP is really any better and even if it is, is it worth the 30.00 more per camera.

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
                                Back on topic, POE cams would be highly recommended. Bullet cams for outdoor, but dome cameras work best in a garage setting. I dont allow cameras indoors in the family living space, but do have one of the Fosca PTZ in a porch setting.
                                Yes I only use POE (after starting with Foscams and no POE some time ago).

Bullet are my Fav too.

Cameras in the bedrooms are cool as long as its not mine.

I use a Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW on the porch. It has a speaker and a Mic and PIR on it. I found the PIR caused to many false alarms (so i don't use it) but I like the MIC and Speaker for two way communication with someone on the porch. Problem is Blueiris only has that working for Apple App and they cant seem to fix it or get it working on Andriod. IP Cam viewer does work tho. So that hasn't been a total success, or get used as much as I want, but It's there for an emergency yell if someone is trying to get in the front door.

Comment

Working...
                                X