Newbie questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie questions

I upgraded to the official .190 release of the zwave plugin and then did a secure inclusion, while battery powered, which appeared to go well in the zwave console. I only have 2 child devices, Battery and Home Security. Within this product's threads I've seen mention of people having 3 child devices. Is 2 the new normal? It appears the 1 Home Security device is setup to show if the Product Moved and if Motion Detected.

Can the LED be set to not turn on when motion is detected?

What does the setting "Enable Binary Sensor for Motion" do?

What do the "...Basic Set..." settings do?

The response time to motion seems poor. I have 4 HSM200 and 4 Insteon motion sensors for comparison. This product seems to have a bit of a delay before sending the Motion signal. Maybe .5-1 second. I base this on the blue light as well as the On command sent to a light when this sensor reports motion. The HSM200 sends the command right away and the controlled light turns on immediately. The Insteon motion sensors' LEDs also light immediately upon motion, almost too quick for me to see it. Can anything be done to make this device more responsive and send the command more quickly? I didn't see a setting for this. This is disappointing to me because I want the lights to turn on ASAP when I enter a room. I bought a 3-pack too. Do you think I can return them?

Thanks in advance for any info
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Maybe there aren't many users of this device. Not much action here.

I'm about to send 2 of the 3 back due to the delay before it sends a motion signal. Really curious if anyone else has noticed this or if I should try one of the other ones to see if it behaves differently. The sensor is on the wall of the door and pointed directly at the door threshold. If I walk into the room I'm 1-2 steps into the room before the sensor's blue LED lights up and the associated light turns on. My HSM200s and Insteon sensors appear to send the signal much more quickly.

Also still curious about the other questions since I still plan to keep one. I like the small size and circular shape, and I love the magnetic mount. I'm sure I can find use for this in a place or situation that doesn't require such immediate reporting.
    Last edited by mrceolla; February 19, 2018, 09:08 PM.
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Working...
    X