Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changes and becomes vs. Had its value set

Here's the scenario:

I have two Qubino Flush 1 relays and they're both reacting the same way.

S1 is connected to a Heath Zenith motion sensor that is set for one minute on both units.

If I walk into the beam's path the light comes on and stays on for one minute. Perfect.

If I manually turn on the light via HS3 it stays on until I turn it off, also perfect.

My wife asked for a separate switch so I added a Zigbee switch via JowiHue. If I press the switch on, the light comes on and stays on. Yeah!

However, if the light is on either from me turning it on in HS3 or from the zigbee switch being pressed AND I then walk into the beam it shuts the light off!

The motion sensor works correctly, because it does turn the light on if it's off. But why does the light turn off if it's on.

Worse yet, I just realized that if the light is turned off by the motion sensor as I just described, one minute later it comes back on by itself.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    I realize that pressing the switch reports a "1002" value which does not show up in the log. So I use "Had its value set".

I think the problem is that since it has a value of "1002" the event is triggered even though it should only trigger by pressing the switch.

How do I fix this???
    Here are my events for the zigbee switch:
    Attached Files

As an update, I changed the "Had it's value set" to "Changes and becomes" using both a range (2002 to 2002) and also a specific value (2002). I still have the same result.

The lights still turn off when the motion detector sees motion (if they're on) and then they come on one minute later.

This is very frustrating to me, because in my mind, it should be so easy to accomplish.

Anybody?

Do I need to create a virtual device to use as the trigger?

Comment

I created two virtual devices, one to signify that the lights were manually turned on, the other automatically by the sensor.

No good.

I realize now that the motion sensor is triggering the Qubino relay before any event can intercept or control the actions.

So I started reading the instructions for the Qubino relay and I see that instead of using I1, if I use I2 then I can declare that I'm using a motion sensor. It also refers to an endpoint. However, searching for endpoints didn't yield anything obvious. It appears an endpoint is a node but how does that apply when it comes to my situation?

I'm lost.

Comment

I'm guessing here because I don't have any Qubino devices.

Did the Z-Wave plug-in create child devices for I2 and I3 when the module was included?

I suspect that in a similar fashion to Fibaro, by default input (I1) is tied to output (Q1) with the intention that a local switch would be used on (I1).

As I'm sure you've established from the instructions, the switch type for the inputs can be changed between mono and bi-stable.
        According to the Qubino manual, by default the switch type for (I1) would be set to bi-stable, so your motion sensor is effectively acting in the same way as a locally connected switch hence the light will be immediately controlled regardless of what Homeseer is doing.

What I don't know is how this configuration type behaves in the real world, so if the light is OFF and the switch (motion sensor in your case) is also OFF then the switch is set ON, the light should go ON.
        If the light is then set OFF from Homeseer (or some other remote method), the light should go OFF but the switch will still be ON putting the switch status out of sync with the light status.

If the switch is then set to the OFF position I would expect that nothing would happen to the light because it is already OFF, however in your case it may be that the light then goes ON effectively reversing the switching.

I suspect that if you want to have control of the light outside of the motion sensor then you will need to move the sensor off (I1) and onto (I2) or (I3) and then have Homeseer control the light.

Paul..

Comment

@Sooty - Agreed, it appears that I will have to move it to I2 or I3. Those are initially disabled so I will need to change parameters and reset. Then I2 and I3 should show up as child devices (at least according to the instructions). After that there is a parameter to tell what kind of sensor is connected to I2. Motion sensor, CO alarm, smoke, etc.

I'll keep fooling with it since it's the WAF that's critical here.

Comment

Working...
          X