Control "party mode" or max volume?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control "party mode" or max volume?

With a new baby on the way I was looking for a way to stop friends at parties from adding the nursery zone to party mode or from pushing the volume up beyond a certain point.

I know these are features that have been requested by Sonos users for years now with no joy, but wondered if anyone has implemented something similar using the plugin?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Author of Highpeak Plugins | SMS-Gateway Plugin | Blue Iris Plugin | Paradox (Beta) Plugin | Modbus Plugin | Yamaha Plugin

Originally posted by beerygaz View Post
    With a new baby on the way I was looking for a way to stop friends at parties from adding the nursery zone to party mode or from pushing the volume up beyond a certain point.

I know these are features that have been requested by Sonos users for years now with no joy, but wondered if anyone has implemented something similar using the plugin?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I would write an Event/Action, triggered by the volume up of the Nursery player, if it exceeds some max-volume, do Action to Set Volume to your Max limit.

No idea how to prevent if from being part of party mode, I think you should mute the player when your friends show up, the player remains muted when joined unless someone manually change the volume.

So the ultimate event that you could enable when your friends show is to set the nursery player to zero volume, and have a trigger when the volume is changed > 0 to force it back to zero

Dirk

Comment

Unplug the player from power before the party, plug it back in after. Put the nursery zone on an appliance module and power it off /on from homeseer.

Comment

Working...
      X