Add a database record every hour regardless if the device value changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add a database record every hour regardless if the device value changes

I'm using your plugin to record energy consumption, and have set up a database export over to an external site that displays my energy consumption.
    All my energy devices are set up with polling every 30 min.

However, it seems that the kWh-data will not update if the value has not changed. I'm guessing this is related to how polling is designed? I would really like to have complete hourly dataset in my export, do you have any suggestions on how i could achieve this?

The plugin doesn't do polling - it registers with HS and receives push notifications only when the value changes, so there's really no way to do this right now. It's a hack, but if you can manually change the value every hour and increment it up and down by 0.1 or something, that would trigger writes. I could probably add an event to "record all current values" that you could schedule in a future release, though...

Comment

Originally posted by Nettopp View Post
      I'm using your plugin to record energy consumption, and have set up a database export over to an external site that displays my energy consumption.
      All my energy devices are set up with polling every 30 min.

However, it seems that the kWh-data will not update if the value has not changed. I'm guessing this is related to how polling is designed? I would really like to have complete hourly dataset in my export, do you have any suggestions on how i could achieve this?
      Have you considered using Jon00 Database Charting Utility for Homeseer 3?
      I use it to track and graph energy usage, as well as other things (temp, door opening, etc) in my network. Its backend is SQL Lite so I'm sure you could export that data to whatever external site you are currently using.

Just a sugestion.

Comment

Working...
      X