No announcement yet.

Apple Homekit(Siri) integration with Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'm getting closer! I've got it stable with the homebridge http plugin with Json commands. However, I'm trying to get it working with the plugin this is the error I get.

PHP Code:
    pi@raspberrypi:~ $ homebridge
    *** WARNING *** The program 'nodejs' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
    WARNING *** Please fix your application to use the native API of Avahi!
    WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=nodejs>
    *** WARNING *** The program 'nodejs' called 'DNSServiceRegister()' which is not supported (or only supported partiallyin the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.
    WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=nodejs&f=DNSServiceRegister>
    [3/1/20176:37:17 AMLoaded pluginhomebridge-homeseer
    [3/1/20176:37:17 AMRegistering accessory 'homebridge-homeseer.HomeSeer'
    [3/1/20176:37:17 AMRegistering platform 'homebridge-homeseer.HomeSeer'
    [3/1/20176:37:17 AM] ---
    [
    3/1/20176:37:18 AMLoaded pluginhomebridge-homeseer-plugin
    homebridge API version
    [3/1/20176:37:18 AMRegistering platform 'homebridge-HomeSeerPlatform.HomeSeer'
    [3/1/20176:37:18 AM] ---
    [
    3/1/20176:37:18 AMLoaded pluginhomebridge-http
    [3/1/20176:37:18 AMRegistering accessory 'homebridge-http.Http'
    [
    3/1/20176:37:18 AMLoaded config.json with 0 accessories and 1 platforms.
    [
    3/1/20176:37:18 AM] ---
    [
    3/1/20176:37:18 AMLoading 1 platforms...
    /
    usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/api.js:115

throw new Error("The requested platform '" name "' has been registered multiple times. Please be more specific by writing one of: " found.join(", "));
          ^

ErrorThe requested platform 'HomeSeer' has been registered multiple timesPlease be more specific by writing one ofhomebridge-homeseer.HomeSeerhomebridge-HomeSeerPlatform.HomeSeer
        at API
    .platform (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/api.js:115:13)

at Server._loadPlatforms (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:284:45)

at Server.run (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:80:36)

at module.exports (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/cli.js:40:10)

at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/bin/homebridge:17:22)

at Module._compile (module.js:570:32)

at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:579:10)

at Module.load (module.js:487:32)

at tryModuleLoad (module.js:446:12)

at Function.Module._load (module.js:438:3
    This is my config file http://pastebin.com/G3qNhYsi

I see it says 1 platform and no accessories...I should definitely have 4 accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by Pita_146 View Post
      OK, I'm getting closer! I've got it stable with the homebridge http plugin with Json commands. However, I'm trying to get it working with the plugin this is the error I get.

PHP Code:
      pi@raspberrypi:~ $ homebridge

*** WARNING *** The program 'nodejs' uses the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.

WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=nodejs>

*** WARNING *** The program 'nodejs' called 'DNSServiceRegister()' which is not supported (or only supported partiallyin the Apple Bonjour compatibility layer of Avahi.

WARNING *** For more information see <http://0pointer.de/avahi-compat?s=libdns_sd&e=nodejs&f=DNSServiceRegister>

[3/1/20176:37:17 AMLoaded pluginhomebridge-homeseer

[3/1/20176:37:17 AMRegistering accessory 'homebridge-homeseer.HomeSeer'

[3/1/20176:37:17 AMRegistering platform 'homebridge-homeseer.HomeSeer'

[3/1/20176:37:17 AM] ---

[
      3/1/20176:37:18 AMLoaded pluginhomebridge-homeseer-plugin

homebridge API version

[3/1/20176:37:18 AMRegistering platform 'homebridge-HomeSeerPlatform.HomeSeer'

[
      3/1/20176:37:18 AMLoaded pluginhomebridge-http

[3/1/20176:37:18 AMRegistering accessory 'homebridge-http.Http'

[
      3/1/20176:37:18 AMLoaded config.json with 0 accessories and 1 platforms.

[
      3/1/20176:37:18 AM] ---

[
      3/1/20176:37:18 AMLoading 1 platforms...

/
      usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/api.js:115

throw new Error("The requested platform '" name "' has been registered multiple times. Please be more specific by writing one of: " found.join(", "));

^

ErrorThe requested platform 'HomeSeer' has been registered multiple timesPlease be more specific by writing one ofhomebridge-homeseer.HomeSeerhomebridge-HomeSeerPlatform.HomeSeer

at API
      .platform (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/api.js:115:13)

at Server._loadPlatforms (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:284:45)

at Server.run (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:80:36)

at module.exports (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/cli.js:40:10)

at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/node_modules/homebridge/bin/homebridge:17:22)

at Module._compile (module.js:570:32)

at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:579:10)

at Module.load (module.js:487:32)

at tryModuleLoad (module.js:446:12)

at Function.Module._load (module.js:438:3

This is my config file http://pastebin.com/G3qNhYsi

I see it says 1 platform and no accessories...I should definitely have 4 accessories.

Replace platform with "homebridge-HomeSeerPlatform.HomeSeer"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
        Replace platform with "homebridge-HomeSeerPlatform.HomeSeer"

You're the man.

Comment

Stopped working with HS 3.0.0.312

Does anyone have a working setup with Homeseer 3.0.0.312 and Homebridge? Mine has worked flawlessly for months on 3.0.0.297 but when upgrading to .312 the polling of status becomes so slow that it's stops working. Going back to .297 solves the problem. Not sure how to fix it... any ideas?

Comment

I am beginning to think that Apple has just broken this functionality by blocking unapproved accessories. I have had this working for several months using Command prompt in Windows 10. I run Homekit through the "myHome" app on my iPhone. Yesterday, all of my devices and my homeseer bridge were listed as "blocked" within the myHome app, and of course none of the commands would work. I was able to click on the homeseer bridge and unblock it last night within the myHome app and get it working again. This morning, the myHome app again listed everything as "blocked". When attempting to unblock this morning, the app would just say something to the effect of executing a command and would never work.

This lead me to take the following actions: 1. Deleted my home which essentially erased all data and accessories within homekit from my iPhone. 2. Signed in and out of iCloud. on myiPhone 3. Restarted my home automation PC including Homeseer and the Windows command prompt with Homebridge-homeseer loaded. 4. Restarted Apple TV. 5. Restarted router 6. Disabled firewall on home automation PC.

After every one of these steps, I started from scratch by adding a new "home" within homekit and attempting to add the Homebridge-homeseer accessory. The accessory at this time simply does not come up at all. Everything is loading just fine and working as expected on my home automation PC, including the homebridge-homeseer command window which loads as expected.

The initial indication of the homebridge-homeseer accessory "blocked" within myHome, and now no ability to even see the homebridge-homeseer accessory when attempting to add it leads me to believe there is a very good chance Apple has just decided to block this unapproved accessory.

Is anyone else having this problem? If not, are there any suggestions for fixing. I've done everything I can think of at this point. Thank you.

Comment

I've been in your shoes. Only thing I would suggest is try doing the above steps again and again. Also make sure you do it in every device that you have ever used home app. I had same thing happen where nothing displayed. But when I tried a few more times it worked. Now it's been working for weeks. Also may want to edit the id number of the homebridge by just changing a character within it.

Comment

Originally posted by csullivan2005 View Post
                I've been in your shoes. Only thing I would suggest is try doing the above steps again and again. Also make sure you do it in every device that you have ever used home app. I had same thing happen where nothing displayed. But when I tried a few more times it worked. Now it's been working for weeks. Also may want to edit the id number of the homebridge by just changing a character within it.
                HA! You saved the day! Changing the username of the bridge within the config file by one character fixed things. Thank you very much.

Comment

And...now the homebridge for homeseer accessory is listed as "blocked" by the myHome app once again. Changing the name of the bridge worked for about 20 minutes.

Comment

Hi gusterrhoid2

I think your issue is similar to what happended to me about 3 weeks ago, the way I fixed this is I remove the Bonjour package on my windows PC running homeseer, rebooted, re-installed bonjour service and only then I stopped having issue with the 'blocked' devices.

I'm actually running :
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.312 (Windows)
                    Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station 10.0.14393 Service Pack: 0.0
                    HomekitBridge 1.473.16283.1915
                    Bonjour 3.1.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by goldriver View Post
                      Hi gusterrhoid2

I think your issue is similar to what happended to me about 3 weeks ago, the way I fixed this is I remove the Bonjour package on my windows PC running homeseer, rebooted, re-installed bonjour service and only then I stopped having issue with the 'blocked' devices.

I'm actually running :
                      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.312 (Windows)
                      Microsoft Windows 10 Home - Work Station 10.0.14393 Service Pack: 0.0
                      HomekitBridge 1.473.16283.1915
                      Bonjour 3.1.0.1
                      Thank you for the suggestion, but I am still running into the same issue even after reinstalling Bonjour. If I change the user name in the config file, I can get things to work again for a short while. They work when connected to my home Wifi, and then work when I go over to LTE on my phone. However, as soon as I reconnect to my home Wifi, the homebridge for homeseer accessory becomes blocked.

Comment

I have run into a roadblock with this that I cannot overcome. I have been running homebridge-homeseer on Windows 10 according to the instructions provided by ewillems (post #402) for several months. Over the last week, the system becomes continually "blocked" and unable communicate between the iPhone and the server. I can get things to work by changing the username in the config file for a time, but then homeseer becomes "blocked" and I cannot get it to work again.

The pattern is this... 1. Erase home on iPhone. 2. Change username in the config file by one digit. 3. Reinstall new home on iPhone. 3. System works just fine over Wifi, and when changed over to LTE signal. 4. Things become "blocked" as soon as iPhone goes back to wifi signal.

I have even gone so far as to put a completely new installation onto a fresh Windows install to no avail. I have changed nothing else over the last few months except for the routine Windows 10 updates. There is a communication problem I cannot seem to solve. Any ideas?

Comment

Hi, I know what the issue is as I had the same issue. One of your devices is sending bad values and after a while of sending bad values, Apple will ban you. In my case I removed my garage door sensor and it's been stable again over 1 week. Remove it all and add it back. Then go into the stock home app before you get blocked again. One of the devices will likely be red indicating a bad value. Quickly remove this device and see if that fixes it.

Comment

Originally posted by madmax View Post
                            Hi, I know what the issue is as I had the same issue. One of your devices is sending bad values and after a while of sending bad values, Apple will ban you. In my case I removed my garage door sensor and it's been stable again over 1 week. Remove it all and add it back. Then go into the stock home app before you get blocked again. One of the devices will likely be red indicating a bad value. Quickly remove this device and see if that fixes it.

YES! Thank you very much. It appears something has changed with the way my Nest thermostats report their information, and this was getting me banned after a while. Removing the Nests has fixed things for now. This is probably the end of the last way one could use a Nest with Homekit. Probably time to look into a different thermostat solution.

Comment

Originally posted by gusterrhoid2 View Post
                              YES! Thank you very much. It appears something has changed with the way my Nest thermostats report their information, and this was getting me banned after a while. Removing the Nests has fixed things for now. This is probably the end of the last way one could use a Nest with Homekit. Probably time to look into a different thermostat solution.

Interesting. I'm using nest HomeKit plugin (not through HS) and it's working well. Now hs cannot control it but at least HomeKit can. Try that before pitching it in the trash. Npm install the homebridge nest plugin.

Comment

That's a good idea to try again. I worked with it a few months ago but had trouble getting it to authenticate. Might be time to give it another go.

Comment

Working...
                                X