Email me at the email I posted in my last message
        Cheers,
        Bob
        Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Originally posted by Blade View Post
          If someone has the ability to test RIO please let me know

Email me at the email I posted in my last message
          Shot you an email, have a dealer MCA-88X that supports the RIO and RNET.

Comment

Did RIO support ever happen?

Comment

Yes the newest build does have RIO support in it but I would consider it beta as only one person has really tested it
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

RIO seems to be working kinda OK, I don't think the plugin is sending the "WATCH" commands to the controller to monitor status events. The RIO protocol is pretty silent unless you ask it to start feeding you data about the system. You actually have to iterate through each controller, zone, and source and ask to watch it for status updates. So while Homeseer can control the Russound just fine, when a status change happens outside of Homeseer (such as via the Russound app, a keypad, etc) the real status of the system is not maintained inside Homeseer.

Blade, a massive improvement would be supporting RIO over IP instead of Serial. Right now I have it cobbled together with the com0com suite of stuff to make a dummy serial port that just redirects to a MCA-88X over an IP telnet session, port 9621. But any time I want to reboot the box, or need to to troubleshooting, I have to fire up the rube goldberg craziness of port redirection.

Comment

The plugin does issue watch commands but I have noticed that the controller does not always send updates to the plugin
                  I will look into the IP support when time permits
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Originally posted by neillt View Post
                    Blade, a massive improvement would be supporting RIO over IP instead of Serial. Right now I have it cobbled together with the com0com suite of stuff to make a dummy serial port that just redirects to a MCA-88X over an IP telnet session, port 9621. But any time I want to reboot the box, or need to to troubleshooting, I have to fire up the rube goldberg craziness of port redirection.
                    Try out 2.0.1.0 in the beta section of the HS3 updater and let me know
                    Cheers,
                    Bob

Comment

Working...
                    X