Enerwave ZW15RM Receptacle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by integlikewhoa View Post
    I have found the same. The problem is I'm not really sure who is at fault on this. They shipped me out a new outlet with firmware updates yesterday. They said it reports fine now but the manual button on the outlet (not a light switch) will lock up after 18-24hours. So far with my current outlet this has not been an issue.

I didn't know they had issue with the light switches and other devices also.

Both are pointing the blame at each other. Enerwave says all other controllers the outlets work fine (I can't confirm that) so they blame Homeseer. HomeSeer says they have received test units and there was issues with them and they told enerwave to fix and send back. Enerwave did do some firmware updates on newer units which they are sending me now.

So whos job it is to fix what ever problem it is I'm unsure. I thought Switches and the z-wave standard was fairly figured out and standardized at this point. It hard for me to figure out why a basic on/off z-wave switch is locking up due to a homeseer issue.
    I absolutely agree - it makes no sense that Homeseer locks it up, but no other gateway does. All I can confirm is that if you join it to HS, it stops functioning physically. Remove it - and it works again. I can't speak to the other controllers although I was told yesterday by EW that they could not duplicate the issue with Smarthings, Vera, etc.

If Enerwave wants to replace what I have with the non-Plus units I will call it good. I really wanted the 500 series chips, but I am tired of listening to the wife complain about wall switches that don't work. I just put these in dor her because she didn't like the fact that all the controllers (Aeotec 17103 / 19103) were in the ceiling for these circuits and she HAD to use the app to control the lights...

Comment

Originally posted by bebaldin View Post
      I absolutely agree - it makes no sense that Homeseer locks it up, but no other gateway does. All I can confirm is that if you join it to HS, it stops functioning physically. Remove it - and it works again. I can't speak to the other controllers although I was told yesterday by EW that they could not duplicate the issue with Smarthings, Vera, etc.

If Enerwave wants to replace what I have with the non-Plus units I will call it good. I really wanted the 500 series chips, but I am tired of listening to the wife complain about wall switches that don't work. I just put these in dor her because she didn't like the fact that all the controllers (Aeotec 17103 / 19103) were in the ceiling for these circuits and she HAD to use the app to control the lights...
      Like clock work my new outlet showed up from enerwave. So I'll be doing some testing tonight.

How much were your switches?
      And do you have anyoutlets or just switches with this issue?

I swapped all my GE switches out to homeseer switches do to all the features they offer.

Comment

Like clock work my new outlet showed up from enerwave. So I'll be doing some testing tonight.

How much were your switches?
        And do you have anyoutlets or just switches with this issue?

I swapped all my GE switches out to homeseer switches do to all the features they offer.
        They were about 45 each from Top Greener through Amazon. All of my ZW-15RMs are non-Plus with no issues. I have about 25 ZW-15SM non-plus switches with no issues as well.

I have 15 ZW-15SM Plus, and 8 ZW-500DM Plus dimmers that all show the same issue.

I would have went with the Homeseer switches, but I like smart metering at the switch or outlet, and HS doesn't offer it.

Comment

Well testing was going better then my old unit until I ran into the same problem others have reported.

So this switch did report instant status and report energy without any polling. That's great because my old one didn't do anything without polling.

Now around 18 hours after inclusion the manual switch on the receptacle no longer works. Still doing more testing.

Comment

Well testing was going better then my old unit until I ran into the same problem others have reported.

So this switch did report instant status and report energy without any polling. That's great because my old one didn't do anything without polling.

Now around 18 hours after inclusion the manual switch on the receptacle no longer works. Still doing more testing.

That pretty much proves to me that the firmware upgrade will not fix the issue (Paul at Enerwave thought that it *might*). A review of all my PLUS model switches reveals that instant status has failed on every single one. We had a power reset (lost power in the house couple of days ago due to a severe thunderstorm) and all was working up until around 24 hours ago when you can see on after another they all stop at different times. Interested to see if your device keeps statusing after a few days of inclusion.

Comment

That pretty much proves to me that the firmware upgrade will not fix the issue (Paul at Enerwave thought that it *might*). A review of all my PLUS model switches reveals that instant status has failed on every single one. We had a power reset (lost power in the house couple of days ago due to a severe thunderstorm) and all was working up until around 24 hours ago when you can see on after another they all stop at different times. Interested to see if your device keeps statusing after a few days of inclusion.
              Well at this point the only instant status that could possibly continue to work is the watts since manual on/off doesnt work at all there will be no instant status update.

I also found the kw hours accumulated has updated at all since i inckuded it yesterday. I did poll it and it updated fine. Current watts readings update fine without polling.

Comment

Well at this point the only instant status that could possibly continue to work is the watts since manual on/off doesnt work at all there will be no instant status update.

I also found the kw hours accumulated has updated at all since i inckuded it yesterday. I did poll it and it updated fine. Current watts readings update fine without polling.
                Polling absolutely nukes my system's performance so that would not be an option for me at all. I just sent Paul at Enerwave another e-mail about this so hopefully Monday he will respond. If they can't fix the manual switch press issue soon, I am going to have to replace all of mine with something else. I may end up putting in Aeotec Micro Controllers in box behind conventional switches. I have found the Aeotecs to be a little laggy on statusing, though, so they weren't my first choice.

I would LOVE to hear what Homeseer has to say on this. They seem to be quite silent.

Comment

Polling absolutely nukes my system's performance so that would not be an option for me at all. I just sent Paul at Enerwave another e-mail about this so hopefully Monday he will respond. If they can't fix the manual switch press issue soon, I am going to have to replace all of mine with something else. I may end up putting in Aeotec Micro Controllers in box behind conventional switches. I have found the Aeotecs to be a little laggy on statusing, though, so they weren't my first choice.

I would LOVE to hear what Homeseer has to say on this. They seem to be quite silent.
                  Polling for accumulated total seems fine with me. Really that's just for record keeping. You could poll every 24hours if u like. The actual watts which would be used in an event would be important and that works.

Ill call homeseer on Monday for help and see what they have to say. But last time they just blame the switch.

Comment

Polling absolutely nukes my system's performance so that would not be an option for me at all. I just sent Paul at Enerwave another e-mail about this so hopefully Monday he will respond.
                    I'm not sure why polling would nuke your system. Altho not ideal polling every so many hours (not min.) should not have any effect. My smokes and some other battery devices are set to poll every 12 hours or more atleast for battery.

Has Paul got back to you? Paul has given me a few more things to test. After the 18hour mark the outlet becomes very usless and I'm sure your switches are worse. Not sure what happens at 18h yet but if you set a polling time just before that, say every 17.5 hours. Paul says the switch no longer hits that 18h trouble spot. I'm going to test that next to see how that goes.

Altho this is not a fix it might give us more insite and keep the switch working (which is better then what you have now) if you poll it every 17.5 hours.

Comment

Working...
                    X