www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Security Systems Plug-ins > Security System Discussion > Vista Alarm Plug-in (3P)

Vista Alarm Plug-in (3P) Plug-in to control the Ademco Vista security system.

Old July 14th, 2017, 11:19 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsandler View Post
0787968,0c is an ad2usb RFX msgs. its documented on the ad2usb website. If you didn't define an RF device within the plugin, then these msgs are ignored.

can you enabled debug mode, and restart the plugin and post the startup log.
Received these two messages as a sample...only issue is that those device/sensor id's don't exist on my panel on any partition. neighbors sensors?

7/14/2017 8:17:01 PM - Vista Alarm - 0996995,60
7/14/2017 8:16:41 PM - Vista Alarm - 0328684,a0

Received this message and it is a valid device. But 84 indicated door opened and its supervised. Door didn't open... I'm the only one in the house. Bogus statuses are occuring
7/14/2017 8:18:25 PM - Vista Alarm - 0733646,84 received from Alarm Shop Shop Door South RF

Is this id even valid? Its not in my system...
7/14/2017 8:24:46 PM - Vista Alarm - 0000124,84

The setup in the attached picture worked with my lightning damaged AD2USB. Not with the "series 2" newly purchased device....

Sorry, lot of posts and info. This is driving me crazy.
Attached Images

Last edited by mmikem; July 14th, 2017 at 11:38 PM.
Old July 15th, 2017, 09:21 AM
Insteon Overlord

Mike,

I can't comment on the validity of IDs that the ad2usb picks up. the plugin processes only the ones that match if you created associated RF Devices.

is the plugin tracking the non-wireless devices properly?

make a backup of your vistaalarm.ini file and homeseer database, and then give v1.3 a try

HS3 Pro 3.0.0.368
Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | Vista Alarm 20P with AD2USB | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway
Plugins: Insteon 3.0.6.10 (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 (by Kirby) | Ultra1Wire | RFXCOM | NetCAM | MyQ | BLRadar | Jon00 Charting
Platform: HP h8-1360t, Windows Server 2012 R2, i7-3.4GHz, 16GB memory
Old July 15th, 2017, 12:54 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
Mike,

I can't comment on the validity of IDs that the ad2usb picks up. the plugin processes only the ones that match if you created associated RF Devices.

is the plugin tracking the non-wireless devices properly?

make a backup of your vistaalarm.ini file and homeseer database, and then give v1.3 a try
All my panel sensors are wireless, no hard wired devices. I'll give 1.3 a go...
Thanks for your help!
Old July 18th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
0787968,0c is an ad2usb RFX msgs. its documented on the ad2usb website. If you didn't define an RF device within the plugin, then these msgs are ignored.

can you enabled debug mode, and restart the plugin and post the startup log.
Still having issues. Wireless devices identified seem to be random. Sometime a RFX ID is decoded that matches my device set (triggering the correct events), sometimes not. I am starting to suspect the RF receiver and/or the panel now.

When would these messages be expected in the log?

7/18/2017 4:14:03 AM Vista Alarm Loading RF Devices...
7/18/2017 4:54:03 AM Vista Alarm Loading Zones...

I saw these today and it seems like they should be seen on a AD2USB reset or a panel reset. I didn't perform any manual reset this morning. Debug is still on...

Last edited by mmikem; July 18th, 2017 at 09:10 AM.
Old July 18th, 2017, 09:38 AM
Insteon Overlord

since the ad2usb was taken out by a surge, then it is possible that the other alarm components were compromised. This would make sense since the ad2usb draws power from the panel.

lets us know what you find
Old July 25th, 2017, 01:46 PM
Seer Deluxe

Quote:
since the ad2usb was taken out by a surge, then it is possible that the other alarm components were compromised. This would make sense since the ad2usb draws power from the panel.

lets us know what you find
Replaced the 5883 rf receiver...Same issue, so it not the receiver.

On Vista Alarm RF Devices, what does it mean when their state is on or off?
Attached Images

Old July 25th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmikem View Post
Replaced the 5883 rf receiver...Same issue, so it not the receiver.

On Vista Alarm RF Devices, what does it mean when their state is on or off?
on/off should follow fault/normal or open/closed

the status should change with the sensor

if you are getting random RFX msgs then they may be from a neighbor. the plugin will just ignore then if the IDs are registered in the plugin
Old October 24th, 2017, 04:13 PM
Seer

HomeTroller

I've been using HomeSeer for a couple of years and now trying to figure out how to interface my Vista (First Alert) alarm system to HomeSeer. I found this thread which looks like I need the plug-in and an AD2USB to make it work. Just wanted to confirm that this should work with HomeTroller.

I currently have the Zee which won't support additional plug-ins, so I guess the first step will be upgrading my controller. Before I start buying stuff, I'd appreciate some direction.

My alarm panel is an First Alert FA168. Not sure how that maps to the Vista models. The control chip is at Rev 9.12 if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old October 24th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Insteon Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by fschwing View Post
I've been using HomeSeer for a couple of years and now trying to figure out how to interface my Vista (First Alert) alarm system to HomeSeer. I found this thread which looks like I need the plug-in and an AD2USB to make it work. Just wanted to confirm that this should work with HomeTroller.

I currently have the Zee which won't support additional plug-ins, so I guess the first step will be upgrading my controller. Before I start buying stuff, I'd appreciate some direction.

My alarm panel is an First Alert FA168. Not sure how that maps to the Vista models. The control chip is at Rev 9.12 if that helps.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
yes the plugin and an ad2usb are required to interface with most vista alarm panels. Your homeseer appliance needs a usb connection and you must be able to install the plugin on the appliance.

do you know which vista model you have? if not, post a hi-res pic of the panel board.
Old November 2nd, 2017, 10:03 PM
Seer

HomeTroller

Quote:
yes the plugin and an ad2usb are required to interface with most vista alarm panels. Your homeseer appliance needs a usb connection and you must be able to install the plugin on the appliance.

do you know which vista model you have? if not, post a hi-res pic of the panel board.
Sorry, I forgot to subscribe and only now saw your reply. Please see picture of panel board attached. (The forum limits jpegs to 394K, so I saved as a PDF which seems to have worked without losing much resolution).

My older model HomeTroller Zee does have a USB port. However, it does not appear to allow me to change the plug-ins that came pre-installed (CM15A, HSInsteon, X10 and Z-wave) or to add any new ones. I will call HomeSeer about that. May need to upgrade my controller.

Thanks for any help.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Vista Alarm Panel Picture.pdf (437.9 KB, 5 views)
Old November 2nd, 2017, 10:13 PM
Insteon Overlord

The picture would indicate a vista 20p

You will need to upgrade the home troller to install my plugin. I think the z2 allows plugin installs.