None of my device are providing "instant status" updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

None of my device are providing "instant status" updates

All of my devices, battery or wired have a polling interval of 0.

So if I physically flip the switch, it will not update in HS.

my system revolves around these devices mainly
    Dimmers - WD500Z
    Lock - Schlage BE469
    Monoprice dual relay micro switch

it always did instant status update with Vera.

Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

Originally posted by dannieboiz View Post
    All of my devices, battery or wired have a polling interval of 0.

So if I physically flip the switch, it will not update in HS.

my system revolves around these devices mainly
    Dimmers - WD500Z
    Lock - Schlage BE469
    Monoprice dual relay micro switch

it always did instant status update with Vera.

Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?
    A quick google search doesn't seem to turn up that linear WD500Z have instant status. Do they?

The lock I would expect to.

There is no setting for instant status as far as I know and i have not had any problems with instant status. I had GE's before and they didn't support it (but was a work around sort of if it was direct to controller.

Comment

I'm not sure if it does or not but never an issue with Vera. Dimming on off everything used to update pretty rapidly.

None and I really mean none of my devices are updating if I physically toggle the switch.

I read that adding a 1 sec interval is a bad idea but I wonder how bad because there are certain devices that I need this. However the door lock is very important but it's battery, if I'm polling even at 10 sec I'm replacing battery weekly.

Comment

Yeah polling is bad but, without instant status devices you don't have many options. First check into which of your devices have instant status and work on that. Door locks should have instant status. So start there. If your switches dont have instant status and you swear vera had it (which is near Impossible if the device dont support it) check on the vera forum of how that worked as if it did. Then we can check for the same here.

I did swap out my GE switches over the years for instant status switches and removed all polling.

Comment

Linear WD500Z dimmers do not support instant status updates when manually activated. If you were getting updates with your Vera system, it was likely being done with polling. Newer wall switches (including ours) support instant status with "switch binary reporting" and "switch multilevel reporting". These newer units never need to be polled.

Your lock, however, does support instant status via a Z-Wave association. If HS3 isn't updating when you manually lock or unlock the unit, try doing a "full optimize" on it. that will update the response routes for the lock and should fix the problem. If that doesn't fix the problem, you may need to re-include it into your system.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X