X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a memory leak ?

Hi,
    after 3 days 4 hours, Hs which starts in virtual memory as ~113k was at 300K when I just shut it down. Should I be concerned ?
    Stuart

The best way to tell if you have a memory leak is to allow HS or any other .net executable to use all of your free memory and then see if the garbage collector cleans up. My HomeSeer was up for 31 days until a little over a week ago and it was using ~330K of VM. Now it's been up for 9 days and it's using 272K VM.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp,
      will do, I have a gig of memory and 1/2 gig swap file.
      Stuart

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        The best way to tell if you have a memory leak is to allow HS or any other .net executable to use all of your free memory and then see if the garbage collector cleans up.
        Meaning exit HS and see what happens to the memory stats?

I don't think that HS uses the Java VM, but it has its own internal garbage collector - it will creep up to a high water mark then zoom down; I see this with SageTV which is Java based.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevech View Post
          Meaning exit HS and see what happens to the memory stats?

I don't think that HS uses the Java VM, but it has its own internal garbage collector
          No HomeSeer doesn't use JAVA at all but Microsoft .net has "
          borrowed" the garbage collector from JAVA.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X