Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may be able to come up with something. it will be tricky though. You would still have to code your devices in the action editor and stuff like that.
    I will work on an "order" list of what kinds of grafix to use, text boxes, scripting, ect. ect.
    But I have found the easiest way I do my screens is that they're are virtually no buttons.
    The majority of my buttons are on the background, then I use a transparent gif as a button to place over them.
    Everything circled is on the background with an invisible button on top of it.

Let me think on this.

Tim
    Attached Files
    FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Capt-Tim/209398425902188

HSTouch Layouts - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5902188&type=3

Comment

I updated one of the included templates it's still a work in progress, but so far I think it works well

Main Screen:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003[1].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	1241013

Lights:

Name:	IMG_0005[1].PNG
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	1241014

Audio:

Name:	IMG_0002[1].PNG
Size:	220.6 KB
ID:	1241017

Video:

Name:	IMG_0004[1].PNG
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	1241016

Camera:

Name:	IMG_0006[1].jpg
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	1241015
      Attached Files

Comment

Very Nice! Were you able to do the lights and the music controls from stock graphics? I haven't looked at touch projects for a while.

Comment

Nice... is that a VW Karmann Ghia??
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Loving it. Especially like your audio screen. It looks slick.

Comment

Originally posted by steveng View Post
              I updated one of the included templates it's still a work in progress, but so far I think it works well
              Nice

What are you using for cameras? I've yet to find something that doesn't have dreadful performance in HSTouch

You find HS reliable enough to manage your audio and video? there's no way I'd consider that. I do have a sonos plug-in but all I use it for is to pause all/mute/unmute

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
              HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
              2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
              USB UIRT
              Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
              WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
              HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
              HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
              2GIG Thermostat
              BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
              BLUPS
              UltraLog (SQL2008)
              Jon00 Plugins
              Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
              Global Cache IP2IR
              Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                Very Nice! Were you able to do the lights and the music controls from stock graphics? I haven't looked at touch projects for a while.
                Lights was stock graphics, but audio I made a lot of buttons and graphics myself

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                Nice... is that a VW Karmann Ghia??
                yes 1971 completely restored with a 2276cc engine
                Photos here if interested: http://www.swrnc.com/big.asp?PID=176

Originally posted by mark_anderson_us View Post
                Nice

What are you using for cameras? I've yet to find something that doesn't have dreadful performance in HSTouch

You find HS reliable enough to manage your audio and video? there's no way I'd consider that. I do have a sonos plug-in but all I use it for is to pause all/mute/unmute
                Cameras: INSTEON Wireless Security IP Camera with Pan, Tilt and Night Vision
                They work great as long as you don't need to move them (and I don't very much

Manage: I use Ipad Mini's around the house to control via HSTouch and it works great, I have a video matrix and audio matrix and I can control each zone as well as source, which makes it nice to not have to go upstairs to turn tv on for kids or switch from DirecTv to BR/DVD etc...

Comment

Off-topic - Love the Karmann Ghia.. great restore. I did the same to a '72 Super Beetle.. I had an aunt who had a '71 Karmann Ghia. Didn't think much of it then, but would love to have it now.

Thanks for the link
                  HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Refresh for iPad minis

I'm swapping out my Kindle fires for iPad minis (picked 'em up new at Target for $199). SO much faster and nicer. As long as I use Arial, the layout matched HS Designer. Alignment was a nightmare on Droid.

Main things were
                    • Larger screen size
                    • Changing to UltraWeatherbug (so much better than that dreadful RSS)
                    • Added Meteogram for further weather
                    • Got rid of some screen I didn't use
                    • Added lighting control page (too much of a pain fiddling with small sliders in floorplan)
                    • Improved floorplan. Used: http://www.floorplanner.com/. Free and easy
                    • Launch Sonopad for Sonos control
                    Attached Files

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                    USB UIRT
                    HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                    2GIG Thermostat
                    BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                    BLUPS
                    UltraLog (SQL2008)
                    Jon00 Plugins
                    Global Cache IP2IR
                    Foscam FI8918W

Comment

continued...

Sonopad is great. you can launch for a specific zone from HSTouch. It supports a back button but HSTouch pad won't open from HSTouchPad:// like many other apps. (need a 4 finger swipe to do it)
                      Attached Files

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                      USB UIRT
                      HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                      2GIG Thermostat
                      BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                      BLUPS
                      UltraLog (SQL2008)
                      Jon00 Plugins
                      Global Cache IP2IR
                      Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
                        Sounds good. I've already drawn up a nice floorplan for my house in hopes of setting up a touchscreen once I start putting all this together...
                        Ok so I have been trying to develop my floor plan with Sweethome 3D but I would really like to know how you got the cool lighting effects

cheers Ken
                        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                          Ok so I have been trying to develop my floor plan with Sweethome 3D but I would really like to know how you got the cool lighting effects

cheers Ken
                          Firstly add some lights to your floor plan then click 3d view -> Create Photo.

For the Quality drag that slide bar all the way to the right.
                          For mine I prefer the night time look so I set the time to the evening

Check the Add ceiling lights option
                          click Create and then Save when it's finished rendering

Comment

What he said! Also you can tweak the dimming level on the lights for effect.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk
                            HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Switching over to hs3 now. Any new screens out there? If I understand right I have to start from scratch with the new designer...

HS4Pro Win10 | Fire Tablet touchscreen client, Android Phones and Tablets | Jon00 | Smartthings | Philips Hue | Trane | Caseta | Nanoleaf | Ring | August | Evolve | Aladdin | Amazon Alexa/IFTT

Comment

Originally posted by Mario23 View Post
                                Switching over to hs3 now. Any new screens out there? If I understand right I have to start from scratch with the new designer...

You can use the same screens but the device references have changed so you'll have to edit any element that controls or reads any device. Yep, it's a lot of work. Some buttons I have had to delete and re-add because even after editing the button, it didn't work.

Comment

Working...
                                X