Help with Schlage Lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Schlage Lock

Hi - Installed a Schlage Camelot deadbolt and added to Homeseer3 z-wave plugin 3.0.0.47.

Have added a the lock a number of times, the lock seems to have added correctly, have the root device and 4 child devices - Access Control Notification, Safety Application Status, Battery Node, Door Lock. I can control the lock from Homeseer and the status is updated correctly. When controlling locally though, the status is not updated. The Access Control Notification is updated with Manual Lock/Unlock Operation, but the status of the Lock is not.

The only thing in the log after manually operating is:
    Device: Z-Wave Node 33 Z-Wave Interface IR Security Safety Access Control Notification Node 33 Child Status set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control Notification, Event: Manual Lock Operation

Is status supposed to be reported correctly when operated locally?

Thanks,

don

Originally posted by dcuddihy View Post
    Hi - Installed a Schlage Camelot deadbolt and added to Homeseer3 z-wave plugin 3.0.0.47.

Have added a the lock a number of times, the lock seems to have added correctly, have the root device and 4 child devices - Access Control Notification, Safety Application Status, Battery Node, Door Lock. I can control the lock from Homeseer and the status is updated correctly. When controlling locally though, the status is not updated. The Access Control Notification is updated with Manual Lock/Unlock Operation, but the status of the Lock is not.

The only thing in the log after manually operating is:
    Device: Z-Wave Node 33 Z-Wave Interface IR Security Safety Access Control Notification Node 33 Child Status set to NOTIFICATION for type Access Control Notification, Event: Manual Lock Operation

Is status supposed to be reported correctly when operated locally?

Thanks,

don
    If you have the lock within a short distance from the z-wave controller (in my case a z-troller), it should report manual operation within a very short period of time, under a second typically.

If it is far away and traffic is routed, you need the next nearest node used for routing to support the beaming protocol for the lock to work smoothly with HS.

Does this help?
    huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Comment

Is your z-stick running latest firmware appropriate for your version of HS? I do not know much about it other than to ask the question.

I have a schlage lock and it reports well under a second for manual operation both from outside and inside. It knows what code was entered which is nice if you want to set different scenes depending on who arrived and who may already be home.
        huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Known bug.. they are working it...
          Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
            Known bug.. they are working it...
            Thanks for your help -- guess I'll start paying attention to release notes.

Thanks,

don

Comment

Working...
            X