X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EcoLink Tilt Sensor fails to report battery

I have 2 EcoLink TLT-ZWAVE2 sensors.
    One on each garage door.

Both sensors work reliably to report the state of the garage door.
    But one does not report the battery level.

The other occasionally reports the battery level. Once every 3 or 4 days even though both have their battery polling set to 12hrs in HS3.

The one that never reports is farther away from my ZeeS2.

What I have found out is that the EcoLink goes to sleep too quickly.
    The one that reports battery occasionally is able to reach the ZeeS2 directly without having the route thru the Z-Wave mesh network.
    The other one is just 12' further away but it is never able to reach the ZeeS2 without routing.

So if your EcoLink isn't reporting battery - it is because EcoLink needs to fix their firmware! I sent them an email detailing the problem so we'll see if they respond.

That's very interesting. Do let the board know if Ecolink makes any updates to address it, or any kind of response from them. I have the same issue with various Ecolink PIRs. Lack of consistent battery reporting across many devices/manufacturers has been reported on several threads with no definitive root cause that I have seen. Since it happens on different manufacturers I always suspected the ZWave plug in.

John

Comment

I have an EcoLink tilt sensor too that never reported battery status. I updated to HS .300 a couple of days ago which supposedly includes a fix for battery reporting and lo and behold, the battery status updated this morning.

Cheers
      Al
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        I have an EcoLink tilt sensor too that never reported battery status. I updated to HS .300 a couple of days ago which supposedly includes a fix for battery reporting and lo and behold, the battery status updated this morning.

Cheers

Al

I will have to run the upgrade this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For what it's worth... I've had one of these installed for a year, and just recently saw it change from 100% to 99% then back to 100% over the course of a week. It seems to only report when there's a change from the previous value.

Nov-11 7:49:42 PM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Node 30 Garage Door Battery Set to 100
          Nov-07 5:51:40 AM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Node 30 Garage Door Battery Set to 99
          Nov-03 1:05:21 PM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Node 30 Garage Door Battery Set to 100

Comment

Originally posted by NutsyHome View Post
            For what it's worth... I've had one of these installed for a year, and just recently saw it change from 100% to 99% then back to 100% over the course of a week. It seems to only report when there's a change from the previous value.

Nov-11 7:49:42 PM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Node 30 Garage Door Battery Set to 100
            Nov-07 5:51:40 AM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Node 30 Garage Door Battery Set to 99
            Nov-03 1:05:21 PM Z-Wave Device: Z-Wave Node 30 Garage Door Battery Set to 100
            The fix in .300 is that the last update time does now change even if the value is the same.

Cheers
            Al
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
            X