MeiKu No Roku's Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave,

I added more debugging to the plugin, hopefully this will at least get the plugin to start up so we can get some debug info out of it. Let me know how it works.

Comment

Hi @sirmeili,

First, sorry for the delay I have been working on quite a few outdoor projects while the weather is nice.

I have the following findinds

Scenario #1: Autodiscover
      - uPnP is absolutely required for automatic discovery to work
      - Test: Swapped in cheap router, enabled uPnP all devices discovered
      - Test: Clean plugin and install, disable uPnP in router: no devices discovered

I do find it odd that uPnP is required even though HS3 and Roku are on the same subnet/vlan

Scenario #2: Manual IP
      - This works great, added by IP and everything worked as intended

Overall outcome: I will likely use this plugin in the future, it does exactly what is intended. For now, my trial expires in 4 days and will add to the list of future plugins.

Thanks,
      Donald

Comment

Originally posted by NerdBitMN View Post
        Hi @sirmeili,

First, sorry for the delay I have been working on quite a few outdoor projects while the weather is nice.

I have the following findinds

Scenario #1: Autodiscover
        - uPnP is absolutely required for automatic discovery to work
        - Test: Swapped in cheap router, enabled uPnP all devices discovered
        - Test: Clean plugin and install, disable uPnP in router: no devices discovered

I do find it odd that uPnP is required even though HS3 and Roku are on the same subnet/vlan

Scenario #2: Manual IP
        - This works great, added by IP and everything worked as intended

Overall outcome: I will likely use this plugin in the future, it does exactly what is intended. For now, my trial expires in 4 days and will add to the list of future plugins.

Thanks,
        Donald
        So I looked into this. I don't have uPnP turned on in my router (Ubiquiti Edge Router Light). I am using SSDP, which is the basis for uPnPs discovery process. It could be that your normal router is somehow blocking SSDP from working. I believe SSDP uses multicast on UTP port 1900.

Either way. I'm glad the manual way worked

Comment

Originally posted by sirmeili View Post
          So I looked into this. I don't have uPnP turned on in my router (Ubiquiti Edge Router Light). I am using SSDP, which is the basis for uPnPs discovery process. It could be that your normal router is somehow blocking SSDP from working. I believe SSDP uses multicast on UTP port 1900.

Either way. I'm glad the manual way worked

It is funny you mention that since I am using the EdgeRouter Pro. Reading the release notes I did find they added uPnP a while back; however, I have not tried enabling it yet. For laughs I would be curious if the following shows as enabled for you.

Code:
          ubnt@ubnt:~$ configure
          [edit]
          ubnt@ubnt# show service upnp
          Configuration under specified path is empty
          [edit]
          ubnt@ubnt# show service upnp2
          [edit]
          ubnt@ubnt#

Comment

Originally posted by NerdBitMN View Post
            It is funny you mention that since I am using the EdgeRouter Pro. Reading the release notes I did find they added uPnP a while back; however, I have not tried enabling it yet. For laughs I would be curious if the following shows as enabled for you.

Code:
            ubnt@ubnt:~$ configure
            [edit]
            ubnt@ubnt# show service upnp
            [edit]
            ubnt@ubnt# show service upnp2
            [edit]
            ubnt@ubnt#
            Mine shows the same. I"m thinking maybe multicast isn't set up? I know in olderversions it was not supported. I'm on EdgeOS 1.8.5 (which is probably old as well).

Comment

Working...
            X