This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by taylormia View Post
    I have not been able to get the third party plugin to work properly. Instead, I use a combination of the HS3 Kodi plugin and the RTSP streaming capabilities of my Hikvision camera to do a full screen live stream when the doorbell rings (for example). Here's the event:

The FrontDoorOut.strm file contains this line only:
    rtsp://username : password@CameraIPAddress:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0?tcp

If I'm watching a show on Kodi and the doorbell rings, the show is stopped and the live RTSP stream from the front door camera is shown.

The doorbell integration to HS3 is done through a Fortrezz Mimolite and is documented here:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=189547
    Does the 'back' button on the remote take you back to the show you were watching?

Comment

No. The currently running show is stopped not paused before the cam stream starts. So, going back to the show means starting the show again which resumes where it left off.

Comment

Originally posted by taylormia View Post
        No. The currently running show is stopped not paused before the cam stream starts. So, going back to the show means starting the show again which resumes where it left off.
        Did some searching yesterday and looks like we can use Kodi Plugin called
        Surveillance Room
        https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=240768

it has 'preview windows' that are overlays and will not stop the video playing in the background. And you can trigger 1 or multiples.

I'm going to try this when I get time next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltek View Post
          Did some searching yesterday and looks like we can use Kodi Plugin called
          Surveillance Room
          https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=240768

it has 'preview windows' that are overlays and will not stop the video playing in the background. And you can trigger 1 or multiples.

I'm going to try this when I get time next week.
          Did this work out for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post

Did this work out for you?
            It only works with Foscam cameras. Others can be used but the plugin then can't be triggered by motion.

Comment

Thanks for the follow-up!

Comment

Wondering if anyone else has tried this with homeseer cameras? Trying to use it with a homeseer camera and the screen pops up but doesn't show an image. I can take the same snapshot url and open the snapshot image in my browser.

Comment

Working...
                X