No announcement yet.

HomeSeer Publicity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess is that they are asking about access to the breaker because they are used to poping breakers in residential (and even commmercial) buildings during shoots and want to make sure they have easy access to reset them. You've mentioned that you have had photographers in your place before, but I think that you'll be suprised at how much lighting gear a film crew needs and will stage ALL OVER your loft.

A photographer who is shooting stills will only need to light specific areas and will rely much on strobes that don't require nearly as much power since they charge. A film crew will use a bunch of different lighting that uses considerable power and has to remain on while setting up and shooting. The camera gear itself is now fairly small and will most likely be battery operated... it's the lights they are worried about!

If you plan to supply power from another source, you may ask the producer what type of capacity he will need to make sure it's up to the demand.

Cheers,
    Paul

Click to visit: www.sbsmarthomes.com
    Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Authorized Russound Dealer & Installer

Personal HA Website

HomeSeer User Profile

Comment

Madge,

Sounds like things are really running smoothly now.

Let me know if you need any assistance as I'm back from travel.

Comment

Originally posted by mcascio
        Madge,

Sounds like things are really running smoothly now.

Let me know if you need any assistance as I'm back from travel.
        I sure do, thanks.

I've got the Toshiba camera installed, and the ML changescene to a weblobby camera page works when the doorbell rings. I'm having difficulty, though, adjusting the white box on the weblobby page to fit the size of the camera output.

Should I be adjusting the white box size in that scene's .ini file? If so, what size adjustments would you recommend?

Comment

I've been following this tread with interest. I hope one of you is going to record the program then post it as an mpeg/avi so us lot over the pond can watch it :-)

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Madge,

That's correct.

Edit the Weblobby.ini file. If you look inside, you'll notice some properties for the Height and Width. The X and Y coordinates are saved automatically when you move/position the window while in Design Mode from MainLobby.

Let me know if this helps.

Comment

Madge,

That's correct.

Edit the Weblobby.ini file. If you look inside, you'll notice some properties for the Height and Width. The X and Y coordinates are saved automatically when you move/position the window while in Design Mode from MainLobby.

Let me know if this helps.
              Thanks Mario. For me, with one camera on the weblobby scene, the best coordinates for Toshiba's default browser size was
              Y 187
              Heigth 380
              Width 350
              Last edited by mwhistle; March 29, 2005, 08:25 AM.

Comment

You mentioned your house was filmed before. I know you're busy, but when you get a chance, can you post some link info about the pictures of your house that were taken so we can get an idea of what the rooms look like? or maybe the magazine that took them and what issue they were in? I'm trying to visualize some of the things you are talking about.
                A computer's attention span is as long
                as it's powercord.

Comment

http://www.jerrikunz.com/home.html
                  Portfolio>Spaces>Loft

Not an exact reprint of the article, but you get the gist
                  http://www.austinhomeandliving.com/index.php

My home hasn't been filmed before. Just photographed and part of a tour.

Comment

Airpanel Experts

I haven't been able to set the Airpanel to not go to a blank screen after about 20 minutes. I have all the settings (battery and AC) to never turn off.

It looks like it's going into hibernate - black screen, but a Windows hourglass sits on the screen. This happens in battery mode and when it's sitting on the dock (AC).

Not such a big deal. I just tap the screen and it comes back instantly. With TV cameras around though, I'd really like it to be always on.

Any Airpanel experts?

Comment

Madge,

Check the server computer you are RDPing into to see if it has a screensaver or power save feature turned on there.

Comment

Madge,

Check the server computer you are RDPing into to see if it has a screensaver or power save feature turned on there.
                        I ended up needing to change a local security policy for Microsoft Network server - amt of idle time before suspending session. That did the trick. Thanks.

Comment

Good to hear Madge.

Someone on the Cinemar forum posted this tip which may speed up Airpanel speeds:
                          http://www.caseserve.com/cinemar/php...pic.php?t=4293

Comment

Hoping all goes without a hitch!

Mwhistle:

My thoughts are with you today, with tommorrow being the "Big Day". I'm sure you are as nervous as the preverbial long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Many of us have been following this thread, and we all hope that all goes well for you!

Now, on April 2nd, we will all expect a lengthly report, due no later than midnight Central Time
                            Visit My Home Seer Site at:
                            www.JohnWPB.com
                            Created with LCARS

Comment

Originally posted by johnwpb

Now, on April 2nd, we will all expect a lengthly report, due no later than midnight Central Time
                              With pictures for extra credit.
                              A computer's attention span is as long
                              as it's powercord.

Comment

Here's some extra credit

Originally posted by sdanks
                                With pictures for extra credit.
                                Photo taken just after film crew left.

I'm the one in the middle.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...