Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying To Make Homeseer Work With Hai Onmi Pro Ii

Hello Everyone:
    This Is My First Time With You And My First Message.

I Have Just Finished My New Home And Installed Hai Omni Pro Ii, Lightolier Compose Switches And Keypads, Hai Thermostats, And Security Devices.

I Think I Got Homeseer To Communicate With The Omni Pro Ii Using The Smarthome Powerlinc Usb But I Am Not Sure, As I Don't Know How To Add Devices, I Know The Compose Switches Show There But If I Send Commands They Don't Execute Or Updte To Real Situations.

As For The Thermostats, I Have 11 Pcs. Rc-80b But When I Try To Add Them It Asks For A Serial Port, Not Make Sense, Also Does Not Ask Which Device Number I Am Trying To Add, Maybe I Am Not Doing It Right!!!

So How Can I Know If Homeseer Is Sending Orders To The Hai Controller?

I Think I Miss Some Good Starting Instructions On How To Operate Homeseer, The Help File Is Not So Explicit On This.

I Have Homeseer Trial But Am About To Register And Buy It As The 30 Days Will Be Over Soon. But I Want To Make Sure It Will Work And I Will Like It, Please Give Me Comments Anyone Who Wants To Give Me His Experience With This Software.

Can Anyone Give Me A Head Start To Start Trying And Getting The Feeling Of This Exciting Combination Of Hai + Homeseer?

Thanks,

Giovanni Yuja

Dear Rup: Please Help

Mr. Rup:

Are you the moderator for this Board?

Please give me a few words on my message of earlier today.

Thanks,

Giovanni

Comment

Sorry can't help you at all but have you searched this forum
      http://board.homeseer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=652

I use Elk M1

Comment

Originally posted by giovanni
        Hello Everyone:
        Can Anyone Give Me A Head Start To Start Trying And Getting The Feeling Of This Exciting Combination Of Hai + Homeseer?

Thanks,

Giovanni Yuja
        Welcome Giovanni. I can't help with the HAI as I don't have one, but I thought I'd mention there is a HomeSeer plug-in available for the Compose dimmers. With it you can command and/or trigger on Compose scenes. It seems to work well, except that the Compose dimmers aren't supported (controllable) from the HS "TouchPad" Web Gui. You must interact with them via the regular web or native Windows interfaces. Hopefully this will be addressed in HS 2.0, but it's not a big deal really, as many folks choose to build new front end GUI's using Cinemar's MainLobby suite, or other. I'll probably go this route too, though I want to get a peek at HomeSeer 2.0's user interface first.

You'll find a wealth of knowledge on this board, so I'm sure someone will be able to answer your questions.

Regards,
        Don

Comment

Wow, sounds like you have lots of eq. all at once. Lets see if there are some answers for you.

> As For The Thermostats, I Have 11 Pcs. Rc-80b But When I Try To Add Them It Asks For A Serial Port, Not Make Sense, Also Does Not Ask Which Device Number I Am Trying To Add, Maybe I Am Not Doing It Right!!!

There are two ways you can connect your thermostats, using the thermostat plugin and connecting them directly to your PC OR connecting them to your HAI panel. There are pros and cons both ways. To the PC you get a few more features, but then your panel con't control them. To the panel and everything is harmonized, but you lose the features. I recommend connecting them to the panel directly, but others disagree. If you do connect them to the panel, you DON'T control them with the thermostat plugin, you control them with the HAI plugin.

> So How Can I Know If Homeseer Is Sending Orders To The Hai Controller?

Assuming you have the HAI plugin installed, and the serial cable attached, you will get an error if the plugin can't communicate with the panel.

To see if it really works, create a simple event in HomeSeer and set it to trigger when a zone goes Not Ready. Open that door/window and see if it triggers.

> I Think I Miss Some Good Starting Instructions On How To Operate Homeseer, The Help File Is Not So Explicit On This.

There is lots of help, but its the kind of thing that you need to know what you are looking for before you can find it.

> I Have Homeseer Trial But Am About To Register And Buy It As The 30 Days Will Be Over Soon. But I Want To Make Sure It Will Work And I Will Like It, Please Give Me Comments Anyone Who Wants To Give Me His Experience With This Software.

It can do lots of stuff, but it also takes a fair bit of time to get it running, and it also takes some programming. What are your hopes on using it? What do you want it to do?

> Can Anyone Give Me A Head Start To Start Trying And Getting The Feeling Of This Exciting Combination Of Hai + Homeseer?

Get your HAI system all set up first, and then try some simple programming on that to get the hang of it first. Don't even bother with HomeSeer until your comfortable fully with the HAI system. HomeSeer is added smarts, but the HAI makes a great hardware front-end.
          Last edited by ; April 15, 2005, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Thanks anogee for your comments

Thank You Very Much, I think you are right for all you said, it is that I was not clear in my mind and trying to get results too fast without dedicating to set up the system right and get the feel for it.

Thanks again, if I get any issues later I will get back.

Thanks again,

Giovanni

Comment

Anogee Please explain

Anogee:

I try to add a thermostat with the HAI Plugin, as they are connected to the HAI Panel and recognized by their touchpanel, note I deleted the Thermostats plugin from Homeseer, but now it asks for a house code and room code or for a serial port, anyway, how can homeseer know which thermostat it is addressing if I have 11 of them??? the web interface shows it as N/A and unknown.

Second, when I try to go to HAI security or devices, it says unauthorized, I need to contact the administrator, what I need to do?

Giovanni

Comment

I don't know a whole lot about the thermostat plugin, but if its still bugging you, you haven't fully disabled it or removed it. In the options setup, make sure its disabled.

HAI and the HAI plugin can access thermostats by number. That's the address you assigned to each one when you set them up. Before HomeSeer, make sure the panel can access them all and set them all. If it can't, you have a wiring or setup problem. The HAI plugin gets to the thermostats using the same 1,2,3, etc. If you get unknown, they are not being read correctly. Can you read the temp of each using the keypad or Omnitouch?

> Second, when I try to go to HAI security or devices, it says unauthorized, I need to contact the administrator, what I need to do?

Your two problems are probably related. Who installed your system? If it was an installer, than they need to give you the installer code or master code to access it. If they currently monitor the system, they may not want to. You at least need the master code if hey won't give you the installer code. If you still can't get it resolved, you need to call up HAI to get it unlocked.

Comment

Homeseer and Omni Pro II

Welcome to the BBS Giovanni!

I have a similiar set up. I have HS running current version and Omni Pro II with one thermostat and one temperature and humidity sensor. I am currently controlling my lights via X10. I am not using the RCS plugin but but just use the Omni Pro II plug in. It is currently being rewritten from the serial version to the network version as Rupp now has that DLL from the company. For additional temperature / humidity sensors I utilize the Temp05 and Temp 08 Maxim two wire system. (along with my weather station). For IR I am currently using an Ocelot. What additional plugins are you using with your homeseer?
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
                  X