This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACRF/RFXCOM DS10A Log File

I have several DS10A door sensors working through RFXCOM / ACRF. Status page shows the correct state and events are working as expected.

Now I'm looking for an easy way to create a log file(s) of when the doors were opened. Is there a plug-in? Do I tie this to an event / script somehow? Of course I will want more when I get this working like send me the log via Email once a day - etc -etc .

Has anyone done this? Thanks!
    Last edited by ; May 23, 2007, 08:58 AM.

You can do this with the DooMotion plug-in, but that is overkill for what you want to do. A couple of events and a short script is all you need.

Bill

Comment

Graytech,

You can use an event with the trigger set to Device Value Change "your sensor" Becomes Alert
      In the action you can launch the script file.

This is an example of a script to add text to a file named C:\sensorlog.txt
      sub main()
      Dim fso,file1
      Const OpenFileForReading = 1
      Const OpenFileForWriting = 2
      Const OpenFileForAppending = 8

Path = "C:\sensorlog.txt"
      Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
      Set file1 = fso.OpenTextFile(path, OpenFileForAppending,True)

file1.WriteLine( Now() & " Alert sensor xxx")

file1.Close
      end sub

Bert

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. I'm new to this and will give your suggestions a go. It's a whole new world to me...

Comment

Bert, I would like to extend this thought, and would appreciate some assistance with "Reading a File".

I want to use the script you posted to write out max temperatures for the day (which I already track). Then, I would like to be able to "Read" the logfile written for a current date from last year in order to do some comparison.

Do you have a script snippet that would show me how to read the logfile to find the same date last year to get the max temps for comparison?

Comment

I don't have an example for such a script.

If you import the text file with the temperature sensor data to the RFXCOM database you can adapt the chart page to show the current temp and the temp last year.
            http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...2&postcount=95

Bert

Comment

Working...
            X