Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New HST-IWAR7 Touchscreen Now Available!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it appears that the new Android HSTouch client V.41 runs a bit; then shuts itself down. I have restarted it about 3 times since installing it earlier today.

10/25/2012 12:29:27 PM HSTouch Server Opening connection from:192.168.244.220/53022
    10/25/2012 12:29:27 PM HSTouch Server Client Android (192.168.244.220/53022) named ICS-Android has CONNECTED.
    10/25/2012 1:58:01 PM HSTouch Server Warning Client dropped connection 192.168.244.220/53022
    10/25/2012 1:58:01 PM HSTouch Server Client Android:ICS-Android (192.168.244.220/53022) has raised LineDisconnected.
    10/25/2012 1:58:01 PM HSTouch Server Client Android named ICS-Android has DISCONNECTED
    - Pete

Auto mator
    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
    HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
    HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Same here, v.41 stops after a few hours,
      Seems to last longer on the Galaxy Tab.
      Visit zee e-maison : http://www.e-maison.com

Comment

Today the Android time sync thing is bugging me.

I did add a time sync application which will sync using NTP when booting.

It is called NTPSync.
        - Pete

Auto mator
        Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
        Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Joining the conversation

Hey guys,

Just joining the conversation as I have two of these new touchscreens.

They came in just before I went on vacation so just unboxed them on Wednesday of this week. Been playing the last two days rebuilding screens and simplifiying them for these Android screens and doing away with stacked images because of the zOrder issue.

So, how is my experience so far?

Still running the "out of the box" configuration with no tweaks to OS or client version and had no problem with gettting them up and running. I have seen a few issues with not being able to do a deploy to the unit from Designer and I had to restart HSTouch client and redeploy. Error says something about lost communication with client after deploy runs for a few seconds. This may be related to the memory leak as I was doing multiple tweaks and deploys as I was testing without restarting the client. I haven't had one running for very long without a redeploy or a client restart so I haven't seen the non-responsive screen issue. The HSTouch client does seem very sluggish at times with touch responsiveness and screen updates although the base OS seems to work fine. I converted all the fonts to Droid Sans and I do see the font sizing problem mentioned earlier but I haven't adjusted the project scaling to see if that would fix it.

As of yesterday afternoon, I now have one of these touch screens mounted in my wall in my living room (replaced a OmniTouch 5.7e) so I am hoping that any issues I encounter will be corrected or can be overcome.

The last problem I am having is some tracking images not updating on the Android client. These same screens work fine on my PC client running the same project so I think it may be related to whether these images really got downloaded to the Android device or possibly memory related. Trying to get Astro down to the client so I can browse the files to see if they are really there. Google Play won't recognize my device so going to have to figure out how to get the program there manually (sorry, not an Android expert).

So, +1 on the number of HSTouch users active on this thread and thanks for all those that have already contributed as it has helped me understand what issues to look for and some fixes for some of the ones I have already encountered. I will try to be a contributor as well.

Comment

You got me playing with the fonts today; copying over more base fonts.

Tested an Arial font. Works except still wrong size unless I change it to scale fonts of 1.3.

Attached is a picture though showing the Arial font installed.

First pic is from HS Designer and second pic is a VNC picture.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Pete; October 26, 2012, 02:05 PM.
            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Hi Glen:

Let me know how it goes with Astro. Had the same problem with Google Play. <AArg> Ended up with Amazon, installing their app, and downloading one of the file managers found there.
              Don

Comment

Don,

Better than Astro is ES File Explorer Version 1.6.0.6.
                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

HSTouch for Android V.41 quit a few minutes back.

That said I didn't have VNC running so I took a picture of the error screen and it is attached.
                  Attached Files
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Mrtiger View Post
                    Its looks like that i must send it back
                    Did also test with a older laptop with the power on to the POE injector and i was online with other laptop too. So it must be the android device.
                    Did get the screen back today and it connected with now problems
                    But, i think the screen is realy slow, my ipad1 is much faster. I did use rescaler to make the screen smaler(480X800 from my ipad prosject 1024X768).
                    is it possible to make it faster? the project XMLfile is 2382KB big.

Comment

Pete,

are you just placing the ttf into the Android directory to get access to the font? I tried that with a Wingding font...since I used some of the arrows from there (they seem to look better to me than images). Was there something you had to do to register the font?

To this day, my music page for my Android doesn't have arrows, but all the buttons look like a ";" or a ".", as that just happened to correspond to the wingding arrow.

--Dan
                      Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Dan

Yes. I just copied the fonts over via WinSCP. All worked just fine.
                        Last edited by Pete; November 7, 2012, 06:40 AM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Originally posted by Mrtiger View Post
                          Did get the screen back today and it connected with now problems
                          But, i think the screen is realy slow, my ipad1 is much faster. I did use rescaler to make the screen smaler(480X800 from my ipad prosject 1024X768).
                          is it possible to make it faster? the project XMLfile is 2382KB big.
                          I think the stock 480X800 project is slow too. Is the hardware not better in the device that i could not run hstouch project smooth?
                          I will say this device is useless if i must wait 2-5 sec to turn on a lamp on /off or or change pages.

Comment

Yes.
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Hello.

I have a problem i am not able to solve...... How can i set the screen horizzontally?.....
                              I have set 800x480 resolution, but when i launch Hstouch, it always goes vertical.....

And, is it possible to set monitor off in 2 minutes and on 'when i touch the screen'?

Thank you very much.

Ema from Italy

Comment

Originally posted by emabonacchi View Post
                                Hello.

I have a problem i am not able to solve...... How can i set the screen horizzontally?.....
                                I have set 800x480 resolution, but when i launch Hstouch, it always goes vertical.....
                                Hi Ema,

My touchscreen arrived today and has worked straight out of the box.

As for the screens I opened TouchDesigner and loaded the 800X400 sample project renamed sized the project then deleated all the vertical screen. I then took the "Home-L" renamed it "Home" and uploaded it to the touchscreen.

It worked.

I have now been creating other screens using cut and paste from a second TouchDesigner running anouther project.
                                sigpic
                                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Working...
                                X