Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New HST-IWAR7 Touchscreen Now Available!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need another area for the HST-IWAR7.

Anyone figured out how to remotely kill the screen?
    Don

Comment

I haven't yet Don.

That said my Android screens just went from horizontal to vertical and I can't change them back no matter what I do to the settings.

That said I cannot get to the settings of the HSTouch client. I do see a message though when I hit my exit button for Custom SBIO:

Hello, If you see this interface, this device need to install the correct software, please contact customer service, Thank you!
      I also see a wierd pop up right before I run Custom SBIO looking for some com.homeseer package.

I also went to update the client again and the USB stick keeps erroring out. Tried a couple with the same results. First time it seemed to work OK.
      Last edited by Pete; October 12, 2012, 04:19 PM.
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

HS4 Pro - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Hopefully this will be a bit clearer...I was rambling a bit :-)

This is release 1.19 of the HSTouch Client for Android devices.

Changed in this release:

* Added a configuration for the Kindle Fire. The fire has a screen resolution of 1024x600, but only 1004x600 is available, so a new configuration XML file of this size is now included. It is named "Kindle File.xml"

* Fonts were not being scaled in list boxes according to the scale factor in the project. This has been fixed.

* Added ability to set the screen dim level from HomeSeer. You can set this from a script command, here is a sample .vb script that sets the level to 20%. Note, this script sends the command to all clients, to send to just one client, replace the second parameter with the client name, IE:
        plug.ClientAction(89,"Android:Android",".2","")

Code:

PHP Code:
        Sub Main(parm as object
        dim plug as object 
        plug 
        hs.plugin("HSTouch Server"
        plug.ClientAction(89,"",".2",""
        End Sub 

Hope this helps.
        Last edited by donstephens; October 12, 2012, 05:56 PM. Reason: Clearer
        Don

Comment

Thanks Don.

I will give it a try.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I received my two units today

Now I just have to figure out how to make a mounting frame so I can mount one under the kitchen cabinet for my recipes!
            Steve

(System configuration is in my profile)

Comment

So I created a new project and defined it as landscape; deployed it and it went to portrait.

Fixed it by editing the xml file:

<MaxImageHeight>0</MaxImageHeight>
              <Zipcode />
              <Orientation>Landscape</Orientation>
              <AutoScale>false</AutoScale>
              For whatever reason it was stuck on Portrait mode.
              Last edited by Pete; October 12, 2012, 10:56 PM.
              - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I had a similar thing on a different tablet some time ago, for me it turned out that even though the thing was defined as landscape the length and width measurements defined in the project were actually equilivent to portrait.

I am guessing its probably not the case though.
                HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  So I created a new project and defined it as landscape; deployed it and it went to portrait.

Fixed it by editing the xml file:

For whatever reason it was stuck on Portrait mode.
                  Something similar here. HSTouch crashed on the HST-IWAR7. Restarted and the screen is all screwed up.

Will reload from Designer and see what happens.... Bummer.
                  Don

Comment

Does it have a web browser? And if so, can you set it to boot directly into the browser?

Comment

Thank-you guys,

What I think I did and not sure yet. I used one of my Joggler 800X480 designed screens. I saved it and deployed it the the new Android. The first time and second time it was fine. I then noticed while uploading the third time I would see the ghosted arrow point the android to portrait mode. Here and I thought it was related to the hardware settings. So I would go to the settings and check and did note that they were fine.

So I looked again at the design via the designer and it had switched back to a wintel design (me probably). I changed it in the designer to an android design with a landscape set up and uploaded it. It still though would keep going into portrait mode. I then just edited the xml file and saw that it was in portrait mode and made it landscape mode; saved it and all was well after that.

This too and I upgraded the Android touch client via a generic FAT32 USB stick. I kept getting weird errors with the stick and went to upgrading and I think I trashed the update. I went to another stick and formatted it and put the APK on that stick and it did the same thing with weird errors. After seemingly hours I gave up on the stick update and went to the internet, downloaded the APK from the link Rich provided and installed it with no issues. Think next time I will use the SD card instead of the USB stick. It almost looks like the USB stick is more for the OS upgrade than say a patch or software upgrade. I didn't even think of using the SD card to upgrade versus the USB port.

Having a side by side Joggler and Android screen though lets me compare. Yup I have to push a bit harder on the resistive screen versus the Jogglers similiar capacitance screen. There is an occasional lag in the response time of the HSTouch buttons (always been there) and is compounded a bit by use of the resistive screen. Once it "catches" up though its OK afterwards. Mounting the device on the wall and keeping it simple will work as I do not typically do much changing of this that screen but rather leave it at one screen to look at status. The lighting stuff buttons work just fine are typically just the local area automation stuff.
                      - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I left it on overnight. Looked fine with good response times up until I went to bed around midnight last night.

Noted this morning:

1 - When I went to touch a button I got no response other that an error pop up box that the application is not working and whether to exit or wait.
                        2 - I exited and restarted the application - still getting a non connect to HS message
                        3 - I am seeing the following messages in my HS logs:

10/13/2012 2:04:52 PM HSTouch Server Client Android:Android (192.168.244.220/54959) has raised LineDisconnected.
                        10/13/2012 2:04:52 PM HSTouch Server Client Android named Android has DISCONNECTED.
                        10/13/2012 2:04:52 PM HSTouch Server Warning Exception on String Change callback: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
                        10/13/2012 2:08:38 PM HSTouch Server Opening connection from:192.168.244.220/51538
                        10/13/2012 2:08:38 PM HSTouch Server Client Android (192.168.244.220/51538) named Android has CONNECTED.
                        along with a custom SBIO message error on the Android device.

4 - I unplugged it again from the network. Plugged it back in and pinged the Android device as I gave it a static IP address.

C:\DOCUME~1\PETE>ping 192.168.244.220
                        Pinging 192.168.244.220 with 32 bytes of data:
                        Reply from 192.168.244.220: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
                        Reply from 192.168.244.220: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64
                        Ping statistics for 192.168.244.220:
                        Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
                        Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
                        Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 0ms
                        5 - I continue to get a non connected/connected to HS message. The video links and weather links show up fine but none of the HS variables show up (text).
                        6 - After about 3-4 minutes later the Android HS Touch device connected and synced all of the HS variables on the screen. I am good now. Touch is fine. (Before it was causing an Android error pop up message)

7 - Following up: 30 minutes later. My seconds are not counting anymore; weather gif and CCTV video are now still lifes. No disconnects showing up on the HS Logs.
                        Pushed a button to go to my weather page. Popup box shows:

"Sorry!
                        Activity HSTouch (in application HSTouch) is not responding."
                        A force close or wait buttons in the middle of the screen.

I hit the wait button a few times. The pop up went away. I saw the seconds "jump some". I tried to move to another screen using one of the buttons. I was unsucessful. I was able to exit the application using my exit button. It went to another screen on exit called Custom SBIO.

It states across the top: (bad engish and all is quoted)

Hello, If you see this this interface, this device need to install the correct software, please contact customer service. Thank you !
                        I exited the above box and restarted the client.

So indeed there is an issue either with the OS or the Android HSTouch client. Not sure what it could be.

Looks like I had to shut down the Android client (pull the plug) and start it up from fresh to get it to connect. This will not be good if it is mounted in a wall.
                        Last edited by Pete; October 13, 2012, 02:52 PM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Yeah. I'm finding this android tablet a bit unstable. Don't know if hardware or software related.

I set an element to unhide another element. Works most of the time, some time not. When it does work the unhidden element
                          goes back to hidden after a short time. :-(
                          Don

Comment

Don,

I am using the almost exact main screen on the CE 6.0 and Joggler Device as they are both 800X480. I am not an artist and its very basic. Fastest is the Joggler, second fastest is the CE 6.0 display. The Android doesn't count right now as I don't see my clock ticking anymore.

The updating of the clock, refreshing weather map and my CCTV stuff works just fine and updates / refreshes are quick on the Wintel clients.

Maybe I should build an Android screen from scratch using HS Designer because maybe there is just too much wintel stuff on the screen?
                            - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

I don't know, I built my pages from scratch. I just had the HST-IW07 crash again. I hope Rich can get one of these so he can see what we are seeing.

I put a clock up and the updates get slower and slower.

Really hoping that this can be fixed.

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                              Don,

I am using the almost exact main screen on the CE 6.0 and Joggler Device as they are both 800X480. I am not an artist and its very basic. Fastest is the Joggler, second fastest is the CE 6.0 display. The Android doesn't count right now as I don't see my clock ticking anymore.

The updating of the clock, refreshing weather map and my CCTV stuff works just fine and updates / refreshes are quick on the Wintel clients.

Maybe I should build an Android screen from scratch using HS Designer because maybe there is just too much wintel stuff on the screen?
                              Don

Comment

I shut mine off rather seeing nothing than something with nothing updating for now.
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X