It will not play music!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will not play music!!!

Ok I can send speak commands to it, but not MP3's or WAV files!

Am I missing something here?
    sigpic
    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

As far as I know no HSTouch clients will play music only TTS.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
      As far as I know no HSTouch clients will play music only TTS.
      Sorry Rupp, you had me thinking there, so tried playing music to the HSTouch client on my PC - it played.

Any other thoughts?
      sigpic
      A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

All of my androids and my windows HSTouch clients play WAV files. Note this is not music, but simple WAV files...
        Attached Files
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

It should not matter which OS HSTouch is running on, they should all be able to do the same.

However, my Andriod does not play MP3s, or should I convert the file to a WAV?
          sigpic

Comment

You don't really need to. Give Winamp a try. Here is an old copy of it.
            Attached Files
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
              Ahh, thanks Pete, it's just clicked, the damn Android touchscreen has no programme to play music files.

Thanks for the download.
              sigpic

Comment

Good try Pete, did not work.

The android will play wav and MP3 files, just not when HS tells it to do so.

Any outher thoughts?
                sigpic

Comment

I haven't played with WinAmp in many years. That said though I have installed VLC on the Android Inwall unit such that I could do a external command line button.

I will install WinAmp tonight and give it a try in a similar fashion.

Tried this tonight.

/sdcard/music # am start -n com.android.music/com.android.music.MediaPlaybackActivity /sdcard/music/*.mp3
                  Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=/sdcard/music/*.mp3 }
                  The attached works also. IE: set up a button to play an MP3 file and send the button press to the client.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Pete; November 20, 2012, 01:59 AM.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I haven't played with WinAmp in many years. That said though I have installed VLC on the Android Inwall unit such that I could do a external command line button.

I will install WinAmp tonight and give it a try in a similar fashion.

Tried this tonight.

The attached works also. IE: set up a button to play an MP3 file and send the button press to the client.
                    I think I could handle the second idea if I can find a way to get the MP3 onto the Android.

The Android can connect to the Network, HSTouch works, but it cannot see the Network nor can the Network see it!

How do I set it up to be on the Network as if it were a PC?
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X