This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bandook View Post
    Extremely cool plugin! Thank you for all your work in this! I'm all in past trial for sure. Wondering if you could help with the MPAA feature. I've created the event, but just two issues. So I enable "xbmc mpaa rating", "is set to (enter a custom value)" "0 to 0". What do I put here? I even set custom values for all the ratings in the MPAA device setup, but the event is not triggering.
    The MPAA rating device can have a lot of different formats depending on countries and media type, so this device doesn't have predefined values, so you can't use a trigger based on device value. I have asked HST to implement a trigger based on device status string, for a long time now, but it's not there yet. To try to speed up this, you can add comments in this ticket http://www.homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=939

In the meantime your only choice is to do this using script, here is an example:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mpaarating.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1170892

Also, when I manually execute the event i only get the text I put in for "Title", the text I entered for "Message=" does not show. I'm using XBMC 12.2.
    Thanks!
    Not sure I understand, do you mean you are trying to use the "GUI Show Notification" Action?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      The MPAA rating device can have a lot of different formats depending on countries and media type, so this device doesn't have predefined values, so you can't use a trigger based on device value. I have asked HST to implement a trigger based on device status string, for a long time now, but it's not there yet. To try to speed up this, you can add comments in this ticket http://www.homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=939

In the meantime your only choice is to do this using script, here is an example:
      [ATTACH]37545[/ATTACH]

Not sure I understand, do you mean you are trying to use the "GUI Show Notification" Action?
      OK thanks, I'll try that script tonight.

And yes I'm trying the notification. Only what I enter in the title field is shown in xbmc. In your example it looks like both fields are populated in the notification.

Comment

And yes I'm trying the notification. Only what I enter in the title field is shown in xbmc. In your example it looks like both fields are populated in the notification.
        You're right about that, it was broken in version 3.0.0.7, I have fixed it in 3.0.0.8 available from first post of this thread.

Comment

You're right about that, it was broken in version 3.0.0.7, I have fixed it in 3.0.0.8 available from first post of this thread.

Thanks! Took care of that issue. And thanks for all your other help. Has it been reported that the triggers get broken after a movie is stopped and another is played? Right now for me the plugin stops reporting triggers until I disable/enable it. Then its fine again until the movie is stopped.

Comment

Thanks! Took care of that issue. And thanks for all your other help. Has it been reported that the triggers get broken after a movie is stopped and another is played? Right now for me the plugin stops reporting triggers until I disable/enable it. Then its fine again until the movie is stopped.
            I am noticing this as well, when I stop a movie the triggers stop until the plug in is restarted then it will work again until the movie is stopped again.

Cheers Ken
            HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
              I am noticing this as well, when I stop a movie the triggers stop until the plug in is restarted then it will work again until the movie is stopped again.

Cheers Ken
              I can't replicate this problem, it works fine for me.
              Is the XBMC Status device updated correctly when you stop a movie and play another one?
              What do you see in the logs?
              What kind of trigger do you use?

Comment

I can't replicate this problem, it works fine for me.
                Is the XBMC Status device updated correctly when you stop a movie and play another one?
                What do you see in the logs?
                What kind of trigger do you use?
                Status updates fine until I press stop. Then the status sticks on "stopped" until I restart the plugin. No triggers are shown in log after I press stop. Everything works fine until then though. My triggers are just stop, paused, play.

However, I can still control my XBMC through the plug-ins remote. Still no triggers showing in log and my lights don't respond.

Comment

Status updates fine until I press stop. Then the status sticks on "stopped" until I restart the plugin. No triggers are shown in log after I press stop. Everything works fine until then though. My triggers are just stop, paused, play.

However, I can still control my XBMC through the plug-ins remote. Still no triggers showing in log and my lights don't respond.
                  I still can't replicate this, I have tried configuring 3 events with triggers for playing, paused, and stop and everything work as expected.

Once you stop one movie, none of the xbmc HS devices are updated? or is it just the status device?
                  If you disable all xbmc events does that change anything? Are your device updated?
                  How your events are configured? could you post some screenshots?
                  What version of XBMC and the plugin are you using?

In the logs (with log level set to debug) do you see the OnPlay, OnStop, OnPause messages?

Comment

I still can't replicate this, I have tried configuring 3 events with triggers for playing, paused, and stop and everything work as expected.

Once you stop one movie, none of the xbmc HS devices are updated? or is it just the status device?
                    If you disable all xbmc events does that change anything? Are your device updated?
                    How your events are configured? could you post some screenshots?

In the logs (with log level set to debug) do you see the OnPlay, OnStop, OnPause messages?
                    In the begining I see the OnPlay in the logs but then it stops. as seen here in the logs
                    also no matter what I never see an OnPause message

Dec-17 4:29:28 PM XBMC DEBUG OnPlay
                    Dec-17 4:29:28 PM XBMC DEBUG OnPlay
                    Dec-17 4:29:08 PM XBMC DEBUG OnStop
                    Dec-17 4:29:07 PM Device Control Device: XBMC (Ken-PC) Status to Stop (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

but after the events stop triggering they dont appear as seen later in the log

Device Control Device: XBMC (Ken-PC) Status to Stop (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    Dec-17 4:31:13 PM Device Control Device: XBMC (Ken-PC) Status to Stop (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    Dec-17 4:31:12 PM Device Control Device: XBMC (Ken-PC) Status to Play/Pause (-3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    Dec-17 4:30:44 PM Device Control Device: XBMC (Ken-PC) Status to Play/Pause (-3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                    Dec-17 4:30:37 PM Device Control Device: XBMC (Ken-PC) Status to Play/Pause (-3) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

hope this helps Cheers Ken

Also the latest release was awesome that events can now play movies this should enable my totally VR controlled Theater setup !!!!!!!
                    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

thanks for the logs, unfortunately I still don't understand very well what's happening.

it seems you are using HS to play/pause/stop xbmc. What if you control xbmc directly from its interface, in this case are your devices correctly updated.

please also answer these other questions:
                      How are your events configured? could you post some screenshots?

Comment

thanks for the logs, unfortunately I still don't understand very well what's happening.

it seems you are using HS to play/pause/stop xbmc. What if you control xbmc directly from its interface, in this case are your devices correctly updated.

Ok Once I stop a movie none of the HS devices are updated, but I still have control of XBMC from HS.

If I disable all HS events it doesn't change anything

I attached a screen shot of one of my events the others are similar except the script is modified to speak other ratings this is the script youu helped me build a few days ago. I am running the latest beta release 3.0.0.9

Cheers Ken
                        Attached Files

Comment

I've got time to play now. I'll update shortly.

Edit:

OK, I deleted the plugin and also deleted every XBMC reference in the hs3 folder. Reinstalled 0.9 and tried it out. At first I thought I was good. I was able to stop and restart a movie twice and triggers were firing my events. The after 3rd stop it stopped showing triggers in the log. At this point no XBMC device updates. I still show connected and can send commands via XBMC remote, but no triggers.

At this point I disabled all XBMC events and re-enabled the plugin. On first stop the device status stays on stopped.

I'm on frodo 12.2 latest plugin. I'm on my tablet now. I'll jump on laptop and upload some screenshots.
                          Last edited by bandook; December 17, 2013, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Okay, here are my screenshots. Took awhile because my 2.4ghz network suddenly wouldn't connect on my laptop. Had to change channel. Neighbors cramping my style...
                            Attached Files

Comment

new version 3.0.0.10

Thanks guys for all this information.
                              I believe I have fixed this problem in version 3.0.0.10 available from http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...63#post1078363

Please test it and let me know. When you install this version make sure bin/XBMC/XBMCRPC.dll is updated because the fix is actually in this dll. And if you have a version of this dll in your HS3 root folder please delete it, as it should only be in bin/XBMC.

Comment

Thanks guys for all this information.
                                I believe I have fixed this problem in version 3.0.0.10 available from http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...63#post1078363

Please test it and let me know. When you install this version make sure bin/XBMC/XBMCRPC.dll is updated because the fix is actually in this dll. And if you have a version of this dll in your HS3 root folder please delete it, as it should only be in bin/XBMC.
                                We're golden Thanks for working this out so quick!

Comment

Working...
                                X