Dimming and Flicker Solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dimming and Flicker Solutions

I got an email yesterday (out of the blue) from a company called LED Dimming Solutions. I had never heard of them before. They claim to have a solution to the dimming and flicker issues related to LED bulbs and electronic dimmers.

https://ldsdimming.com/

Has anyone heard of them or had any experience with them?

I've tied the resistor type from a different company and they only seem to work when the flickering is caused by low circuit load across the dimmer.

The one's I tired got quite warm.
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

I've been getting same emails from same company which offer two solutions at a reasonable cost and they mention that these solutions work with automated switches.

They are very small and thin and would fit fine in my current metal electrical switch boxes.

Concurrently getting emails from PCS / UPB lightning MFG that they are offering same solution for UPB switches connected to LED lighting.

This is a second generation solution from PCS/UPB as original solution much larger and appeared to be a tight fit for an electrical switch box.

That said I may try their demo pack with consist of two different LED dimming solutions.

LDS sample pack

[ATTACH]68482[/ATTACH]

PCS Solutions for LED dimming. Note one is a choke and the other a resistor.

[ATTACH]68483[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH]68484[/ATTACH]
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

I just got the same LDS Dimmer email. Unsolicited emails like this piss me off and I searched google for the name and got a hit on this forum post.

I am not sure I trust this "fix". Safety is one issue and dampening of control signals is another. But I am not educated enough to really know if these are indeed factors.

I am probably biased against the idea due to my angst at the email.

randy

Comment

Yeah keep getting blasted with same emails and now a UPB dealer here (side thing) and PCS keeps sending me the same emails such that I might try the solution because it appears to be a small footprint in the box solution.

I would test if these devices were provided sans costs to me but not if they want me to pay for a solution that may not work. (thinking though they do have an OK return policy). Think I will write to PCS and request that they send me some test devices sans any charges.

So far testing with my UPB switches I get flickering below 20% on my new LED bulbs without any adds to the switch.

That said purchased an Analog LED light dimmer switch last week and installed it yesterday. It flickers when dimming way down such that it is not a solution for me and the switch is not automated anyhow but was reasonably priced at around $15.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
          X