This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the Omni plugin

I am relatively new to HomeSeer, and have a few simple things running on it. I just installed an OnmiLT at home and have installed the Omni plugin on HomeSeer. But I can't figure out how, on the plugin, to trigger events from changes in the status of zones, how to set the HAI system to be armed or disarmed, or how to add new devices (I acidentally deleted the alarm status "device": zone code [1 - what ever that means - and I can't figure out how to put it back in!) Some of these things appear on the web page associated with the plugin, but I can't find them on the Windows panel.

I see that there was some discussion on this message board about a year ago, initiated by Kirby. I think there must be some instructions/user guide somewhere out there on how to use the plugin. I have searched for the file HAI_Help.chm, but can't find it.

[This message was edited by rod_tucker on Mon, 25 August 2003 at 07:22 AM.]

Rod,

HAI_help.chm is in the HELP folder under HomeSeer.

You will need to go to the plug-in setup screen and delete/reset the devices using the button provided, shut down HomeSeer, and then restart HomeSeer so that it will recreate the devices - this is the only way to get back the Security Status device that you deleted before you knew that YOU NEED THAT DEVICE! ;-)

When you create an event in HomeSeer, note the new tab "HAI Triggers" - it answers how to trigger on zone changes (and other things).

When you go to set up actions in an event, note the HAI Action tabs that are added to the list of action tabs - answers how to arm/disarm the system in automation events.

The device you deleted, and the rest there, are to be used with HomeSeer's "Value Change Trigger" to trigger on security system status changes and other states associated with those devices.

If all else fails and the manual does not answer it, open a helpdesk ticket and we can answer your question there.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
    HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Rick,

Thanks for this. I now have the help file. But I still have a couple of problems:

1. I have intermittent problems launching HomeSeer with the plugin. Sometimes (but not always) I have trouble entering the panel code, and I sometimes get error messages associated with the panel code or the zone information.

2. I have tried to write a script to return the Security Status to me via an e-mail. I had some problems with this (see my entries on the scripting message board) which have been partly resolved. But my main problem is that sometimes the function "SecurityStatus" returns an incorrect result. For example, right now I am at home, but if I run my script to find the Security Status, it returns "armed away", which is incorrect - it is actually "Disarmed". I get the same wrong answer on the HomeSeer Web control page. The puzzling bit is that this error is intermittent. I can sometimes fix it by closing and re-launching HomeSeer, but that is no good in practice because I can't do that when I am not at home!

The problem seem to happen more often if I arm my Omni system and then disarm it before the exit delay has expired.

Intermittent problems are always frustrating. I hope you can help.

Comment

I think the console password problem you are having is the same one I have, and one that Rich has said he is working on. You should only have to enter this password once, but the plugin forgets it.

Look in the config folder for a file with the name settings.ini (I think) With HomeSeer off, open it in an text editor (like notepad). Near the bottom, under the hspi_HAI section, look for "PanelCode = xxxxxx" where xxxxx is a bunch of numbers and possibly symbols. Delete everything after the = and put in your 4 digit panel code. Save the file. That should get you going, but it still will occasionally loose your code.

As for your second problem, I can't help much, but do share your pain. Learning from reading the help files, hasn't been the easiest.

Comment

I am investigating that panel code problem - I must have some code left over from the alternate way I was encrypting the password before. If you use the workaround mentioned, it will stop prompting you for the panel code - sorry about that.

If your security status is lagging, then there is a communications problem. The web page displays whatever the plug-in currently has as the status, which is almost instantaneous with status changes. When you use the web page and click the link to arm the panel, it returns with the new status immediately when the web page re-paints. It does not do this with unit changes. Sometimes the web page will refresh (on a fast computer) before the plug-in has received the notification from the panel of the change, but it should never be more than a little over a half second from being accurate, so there is definitely a problem on your system.

Send me an email describing your HS computer, HAI system, and we'll get some dialog going to pinpoint where that problem is coming from.

Regards,

Rick Tinker
          HomeSeer Technologies

Regards,

Rick Tinker (a.k.a. "Tink")

Comment

Working...
          X