No announcement yet.

Microphones - What are you using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANY 12 volt power adapter should be fine. the plug is a standard barrel connector, which is easily cut off if you want to wire direct. The plug looks like this:

The socket looks like this (This is on the end of the PA-3):

Comment

This:
      http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=274%2D330

and this:

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...5Fid=274%2D374

might also be helpful if you are hard of soldering...

Comment

Skibum, All I can say at this point is WoW The quality of these mic's for a mere $9.95 is outstanding! I just have one mic set up in the room with the HS server right now for testing, and I am able to almost whisper at anyplace in the room, and it picks it up just fine!

The ONLY draw back, is the mic is SO sensative that it hears the TV way out in the living room! I just had to slide down the slider for the line in under sound properties a bit to lessen the sensativity. Problem solved.

I cant wait for HS 2.0 and the VR to be able to work on all the computers in the house. I do not want to run wires throught the place for mix's for sure. As there are already computers in all the bedrooms, the living room, and the kitchen. This will also take care of the issue of switching users, as the computers in the bedrooms will be trained by the occupant of each room.
        Visit My Home Seer Site at:
        www.JohnWPB.com
        Created with LCARS

Comment

For $9 you really can't go wrong. It kinda makes you wonder why some spend $70 for a mike....

Comment

Ok, so where did anyone get them in Canada? I usually spend $2 for my mikes, but this sounds worth it.

Comment

SkiBum, what do you mean by a "serial mixer"?

I have a leftover behringer 8 channel mixer. Will this work? Are these mics balanced? How long can I run the wiring? Could I use CAT-5? Do I need shielded cabling?

thanks,
              dan

Comment

Originally posted by Skibum
                Hi

I run my mikes through a serial switcher, and to the LINE input.

I said SWITCHER, not MIXER... I only have 1 mic on at a time.

I use the ASEL. http://www.controlanything.com/Merch...t_Code=ASELPRO

Comment

Originally posted by DanWheeler

I have a leftover behringer 8 channel mixer. Will this work? Are these mics balanced? How long can I run the wiring? Could I use CAT-5? Do I need shielded cabling?

thanks,
                  dan
                  I doubt you want to mix all the mikes. The mikes are unbalanced. You can run shielded wire basically as long as you need. You can't directly use cat 5. Yes.

Comment

no kidding - wow that is really cool. So do you do any dynamic switching? How do you switch mics when you move from room to room?

Comment

I wonder if something like this might work for transmitting the PA-3 wireless mics:

http://www.matco.com/wireless-kit.htm

Comment

Dan

I switch mikes either by motion in a particular room (I live alone) or in each room I have a stick a switch, and universally, button 1 on sets the mike to that room, and starts HS listening. Button 1 off stops listening.

Comment

Dan
                          I dont see why those wouldnt work. It just repeats audio or video.
                          I might order them and give them a try.

Comment

Don't forget that you can also use the cheap X-10 Audio/Video sender for this too. I use a pair for my Stream Cam. It sends Video and Audio about 200 feet.

Beware interference from 802.11!

Comment

Skibum-

Are you using the ASEL or ASELPRO? How do you interface/control with HS? Did you create your own plugin?

Mark
                              Mark

Comment

Yeah that was the only thing I was wondering about. I was also thinking when you were talking about the Trek Communicator as a joke: Do you know the new Mic/Earpiece speakers. Amost like the cell phone ones, just a little piece that goes over your ear on 1 side. I dont know if you watch CSI but the Doc with the bad leg was doing his report and was using it to take a memo. That would be a great little device if it is wireless.

Comment

Working...
                                X