Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request; Device Logging

Hi,

Would it be possible to change the Plug in so that it log values to the HS log when a device value is changed?

thanks
    Mats

Hi Mats,

Thanks for the suggestion.

It is definitely possible, just need to think about best way to implement. Would like to allow people option to log or not, so may have to add option in configuration menu.

I will post once I have something to test.

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

Beta of Device Logging and Solar Temp

I went ahead and added the following features:

1) Ability to enable logging of all AquaConnect device changes.

2) Added new "Solar Temp" device.

Both options above are selectable from "Config" page'

If you decide to test it, just drop the uncompressed exe file in your homeseer directory (you will need to disable aquaconnect plugin to be able to overwrite existing file.)

Please let me know if you decide to test it.

Thanks!

Mike
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike,

Many thanks for the quick changes!
        I've done some preliminary tests and
        #1, The logging looks great, just what I wished to have!

#2, Solar temp, I see the device but it says "Off" and doesn't show a temperature?

#3, I also tested the temperature settings you added earlier.
        Also seems to work great but found a few things:

a. would it be possible to have a "Off" as well?
        Currently seems I can only set 65 - 104 on Pool and Spa temp.

b. Regarding setting the heat, sometimes I see this in the log:
        Error: Macro for changing heater setpoint to target setpoint did not get expected response....Aborting

Not exactly sure how/when that happens, will do some more testing.

c. When the temperature setpoint is 65 and I press "Down", the setpoint is changing to 104.

Thanks
        Mats

Comment

Thanks Mats,

Does the pool controller display cycle through and show the Solar Temp periodically like it does for Air Temp? I assumed that it does and setup the software to look for "Solar Temp XXF". Please let me know the exact text that is displayed as it cycles through.

I think I fixed all the other issues you mentioned with exception of error...which I have not been able to recreate.

Give it a shot.

Thanks,

Mike
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Mike,

Sorry if I was unclear. The solar temperature is only visible if I scroll through in the diagnostics menu.
            I can see the value if I go to the diagnostics menu, press right 4 times (the display says "Solar Sensor" on line 1 with the temp on line 2).
            I'm not sure how much work it would be to add a macro to run every x minute to read that screen?

The "off" for setting the set-point is great.
            However, it seems I can still scroll from off to "104" by pressing the down button?

thanks
            Mats

Comment

Hi Mats,

Give this version a try.

I did not change the behavior of the temp down button as I like the ability to just to higher temp quickly by using down button.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Mike
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Many thanks for the quick turnaround!
                I installed this version and I did get the Solar temp for a few minutes but now I get this error:
                Error: Macro for for capturing solar sensor temperature did not get the Solar Sensor Display...Aborting

and I'm now getting this:
                Error: Macro for capturing solar sensor temperature did not get the Diagnostic Menu...Aborting

thanks
                Mats

Comment

What refresh interval have you setup for the solar temp in setup?

Those errors are basically indications that the macro is not getting the expected display screens. If the display is locked up while you are doing some other function, you may get this error. The error itself is not a problem, it just waits until the next interval to attempt an update again. It may help to actually monitor the display while the macro runs to see whats happening.

Also, once you start seeing the errors, does it ever update again? If you see those errors during every subsequent macro attempt interval, then you know it is not successful.

Let me know what you find out, and if necessary, I can send another version which has debugging enabled targeted to troubleshoot this.

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

Hi,

I've tried a few interval's, started with the default 2 mins and then changed to 5 mins.
                    When I saw the errors, I changed to 1 minute to try to see what happened a bit easier.

I changed the interval to 10 minutes and restarted the plugin and I have not seen any errors since then.

But when I did get this error:

Error: Macro for capturing solar sensor temperature did not get the Diagnostic Menu...Aborting
                    I can see on the indoor panel that all menu's are scrolling through several times before the error occurs.

Another thing, the log says:

Is that because the Solar Temp happen to show in the display and changes?
                    Ii.e. it's not polling this frequently?

thanks
                    Mats

Comment

Hi Mats,

I found some problems with the Threading I used for the solar updates and I added detailed logging to help troubleshoot any issues you may find.

Let me know how it goes if you try and repeat the conditions which led to the error before.

Thanks!

Mike
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

I've been running this version for a few days now and have not seen any errors.

Thank you very much for these changes/fixes!
                        Mats

Comment

Great...you are very welcome!

Comment

Working...
                          X