Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Streaming Video to HSTouch (Foscam) - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streaming Video to HSTouch (Foscam) - Solved!

Ok, i've looked and looked. I know it's out there, but i just can't find it. I'm trying to create a screen on on my Ipad via HSTouch to display my Foscam video streams. I played around with an image and video set to true. Been reading alot, but just haven't seen anything that shows how to actually set this up to work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Foscam Red X

I have not been able to get my Foscam to display on HSTouch either. All I get is a RED X. I have watched all the videos and read all the instructions. Mark makes it look easy on the video.

Comment

figured it out finally.

this URL shows picture for my camera:
      http://xx.xx.xx.xx:xx/cgi-bin/CGIPro...e&pwd=password

put this in image url normal, set is video to true, and update every x number of seconds.

Comment

Eureka !

Thank you techguy for handing over the keys to the kingdom.

I would like to share my observations:

When I set up my Foscam camera I used the Foscam instructions to load an app and go through an initial setup wizard. That allowed me to link the Foscam to my wireless network at home. Once the camera was linked, I went to the HSTouch Config page in my controller web console. I observed the system automatically found the camera. Based on the later steps - I doubt this is even needed. It seems that I am simply calling a local webpage. But maybe someone else can chime in.

On placing the now-installed camera on an HS Touch project:

See below for the correct url to use. On a HS Touch project, go to the Iphone skin, go to the Others tab, and drag and drop an image on the project screen

In the image settings, enter the following URL in ImageURLNormal. Be sure to update the IP address with the IP address of your camera. Also be sure to enter your security Username and Password. Omit the quotation marks. You should have set up the user name and password when you initially set up your Foscam camera. If you are unsure of your IP - use a freeware scanner on your Iphone to find it. I used an app called Fing

"http://198.168.1.1/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=EnterUsername=EnterPasswo rd&"

** be sure to use http as part of your url. Do not use https

In the same image settings on HS Touch Designer, set IsVideo to True

On the setting IsVideoRefreshRate - set to the update frequency you want. I set mine to .1 but I have to see if this loads down my network.

So far I have video on an Ipad and Iphone. It works both locally within my home and also on the cellphone network.

Just for reference - I am using a Foscam FI9900P

I am not sure why this process needs to be so difficult or why information is so hard to come by. But victory is sweet !
        Last edited by hiken; June 18, 2016, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hiken View Post
          Eureka !

Thank you techguy for handing over the keys to the kingdom.

I would like to share my observations:

When I set up my Foscam camera I used the Foscam instructions to load an app and go through an initial setup wizard. That allowed me to link the Foscam to my wireless network at home. Once the camera was linked, I went to the HSTouch Config page in my controller web console. I observed the system automatically found the camera. Based on the later steps - I doubt this is even needed. It seems that I am simply calling a local webpage. But maybe someone else can chime in.

On placing the now-installed camera on an HS Touch project:

See below for the correct url to use. On a HS Touch project, go to the Iphone skin, go to the Others tab, and drag and drop an image on the project screen

In the image settings, enter the following URL in ImageURLNormal. Be sure to update the IP address with the IP address of your camera. Also be sure to enter your security Username and Password. Omit the quotation marks. You should have set up the user name and password when you initially set up your Foscam camera. If you are unsure of your IP - use a freeware scanner on your Iphone to find it. I used an app called Fing

"http://198.168.1.1/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=EnterUsername=EnterPasswo rd&"

** be sure to use http as part of your url. Do not use https

In the same image settings on HS Touch Designer, set IsVideo to True

On the setting IsVideoRefreshRate - set to the update frequency you want. I set mine to .1 but I have to see if this loads down my network.

So far I have video on an Ipad and Iphone. It works both locally within my home and also on the cellphone network.

Just for reference - I am using a Foscam FI9900P

I am not sure why this process needs to be so difficult or why information is so hard to come by. But victory is sweet !
          Glad i could help. Hopefully this will save others time and headache.

Comment

I found this thread when setup up a Foscam C1 in HSTouch and it is working with the following url

Code:
            http://192.168.xx.xx:88/cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=username&pwd=password
            However the image is delivered in a 1280x720 resolution, but the image size is specified as 640x480 to let it fit my HStouch page. Is there a way to scale the image?

Answer: Just set ImageFormat to streched and you`re done :-)

Comment

Hi Guys,
              Is the above still working for everyone?

I have followed the above to the letter, the URL is the correct format and displays the snap picture in a web browser.

Image Element only displays the RED X in the designer and a black screen in the clients.

I have a Foscam FI9961EP and a FI98009 V3 Unable to get either working correctly.
              Are there any adjustments required for the sub stream settings within the camera configuration?

Many Thanks In Advanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Techn0 View Post
                Hi Guys,
                Is the above still working for everyone?

I have followed the above to the letter, the URL is the correct format and displays the snap picture in a web browser.

Image Element only displays the RED X in the designer and a black screen in the clients.

I have a Foscam FI9961EP and a FI98009 V3 Unable to get either working correctly.
                Are there any adjustments required for the sub stream settings within the camera configuration?

Many Thanks In Advanced.
                I have the exact same problem. The URL works in any web browser, but it displays a RED X in the HSTouch Designer and nothing in the client.

I'm able to show a single snapshot using a text box, having the URL in the text property and the isHTML option enabled.

Something changed in HSTouch Designer since the last 2 years ?

Seriously, I dont understand why this is so tricky to setup and why the information is so hard to find. This kind of setup should be built in HSTouch Designer directly...

Any suggestions ?

Comment

I might be wrong - but:

It is tricky because many of the camera manufacturers don't follow proper standards. Then some support MJPG, some say they do but don't, then some only support RTSP streams which of course web browsers don't support. Etc. Etc. It is the wild west out there. Of, yeah, then some of the guys don't give out the API to get the stream as it is secret. Don't even get me started about RING doorbell.

The type of cameras you may be dealing with only support snapshots which usually is slow. MJPG or motion JPG is what web browsers usually are only able to display.

Usually, you pay for what you get.
                  I personally have been burned by FOSCAM years ago. Maybe their stuff is better now.
                  HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Originally posted by Krumpy View Post
                    I might be wrong - but:

It is tricky because many of the camera manufacturers don't follow proper standards. Then some support MJPG, some say they do but don't, then some only support RTSP streams which of course web browsers don't support. Etc. Etc. It is the wild west out there. Of, yeah, then some of the guys don't give out the API to get the stream as it is secret. Don't even get me started about RING doorbell.

The type of cameras you may be dealing with only support snapshots which usually is slow. MJPG or motion JPG is what web browsers usually are only able to display.

Usually, you pay for what you get.
                    I personally have been burned by FOSCAM years ago. Maybe their stuff is better now.
                    Have you made use of any other camera units?

I chose FOSCAM as it appeared to be baked into HS. How wrong was i lol

Comment

Working...
                    X