Zigbee repeaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zigbee repeaters

What are known working Zigbee repeaters that work with deConz? I'm looking to add more of my Zigbee sensors into my setup with deConz and I need to find a solution for repeaters.

What power plugs work with deConz?
    Are Bulbs still the best option for repeaters?

Thanks in advance. I've seen the list on the deConz github but I want trusted sources from actual HS users.

Originally posted by jeubanks View Post
    What are known working Zigbee repeaters that work with deConz? I'm looking to add more of my Zigbee sensors into my setup with deConz and I need to find a solution for repeaters.

What power plugs work with deConz?
    Are Bulbs still the best option for repeaters?

Thanks in advance. I've seen the list on the deConz github but I want trusted sources from actual HS users.
    John, bulbs are still the best and are referred to as routers. Battery powered devices are called End Devices. Sylvania (Osram Lightify) also makes a plug that is a router.
    https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-ZigB...70_&dpSrc=srch
    If the color band to the left of the device in deconz is yellow it is a router, grey if it is not. One exception is the sengled bulbs. I found out they show grey but they connect directly to the conbee so it is a router.

Comment

Jeubanks,

Bulb and plugs are the main routers in a Zigbee network, also some senors are seen as routers, but mainly when they are mains powered.

Larry has seen that the sengled bulbs are not routers, so that is a major difference to the standards.

Plugs that are known are coming from Osram, Xiaomi and Heiman. There might be more, but then I have not seen them yet.

Wim
      -- Wim

Plugins: JowiHue, RFXCOM, Sonos4, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, EasyTrigger, Pushover 3P, rnbWeather, BLBackup, AK SmartDevice, Pushover, PHLocation, Zwave, GCalseer, SDJ-Health, Device History, BLGData

1210 devices/features ---- 392 events ----- 40 scripts

Comment

My favorite repeater is the Iris Smart Plug. It has the rather unique property of being both a ZigBee and Z-Wave repeater, so it's ideal for mixed networks like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by gentzel View Post
          My favorite repeater is the Iris Smart Plug. It has the rather unique property of being both a ZigBee and Z-Wave repeater, so it's ideal for mixed networks like mine.
          A lot of people from SmartThings use those. I've found that although ST works ok with the plug for some and others reporting problems. There's reports on other forums like Hubitat where they like them also but they know they sometimes cause z-wave issues.

Comment

The Osram Plug works pretty well as a repeater. I have it located centrally and it seems to have all kinds of connections going to it.

Comment

Working...
            X